Going to NY for 2 days this summer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NorwegianDude, Mar 22, 2008.

1. NorwegianDude macrumors newbie

I'm going to NY for two days this summer, and I was thinking about ordering an:apple:macbook pro online here in Norway. And I was wondering is it possible that the hotels in NY can receive the:apple:Macbook Pro package(for some $$:confused:), or the :apple: store at 5th Avenue/Soho can hold the package so I can pick it up?(Any :apple: retail persons on these forums who can answer this?:rolleyes:)

Anyone that have done such, or know someone else that have done something like this?

Appreciate any answers!:cool:

Sincerely NorwegianDude:D

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You can walk into an Apple Store and just buy one.

Doubt you'll be able to order one and ship it to a hotel. With only 2 days here, that leaves way too much chance for a shipping screw up.

3. NorwegianDude thread starter macrumors newbie

If I was to order, I would order, let's say it takes 5-10days before ready to ship, I would order it 15, or more, days before I come to NY. I want a upgraded macbook pro, not the retail version:p

4. soms macrumors 6502

soms

Thats still REALLY REALLY iffy. A hotel "might" hold it for you, but I would just go into the store and buy it there. Or you might be able to call someone there at the Apple store and see if you can order one online and have it shipped to the Apple store and held there?