Going to order now, but which one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wondering28, Aug 14, 2009.

1. wondering28 macrumors newbie

:confused:Hi,

I will order the phone today, and thought to have the Iphone for about 2 years (maybe more). I have thought to have around 500 photos, approximately 5 feature movies, 100-200 self-captured clips, and around 300 songs. And a few games. Since the navigation application is going to be installed on it, the question is whether there really enough with 16GB?

:confused:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You should get the 32 GB. I have the 16, and I have about 1 GB left. I have about 3000 songs, one movie, and a bunch of pics. Games take the least space.

3. wondering28 thread starter macrumors newbie

So you do not think it will fit in 16GB, ? The navigation program, does it take a lot of space?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I have no idea. What I'm telling you, is that if you get the 16 GB, you will feel like you should've got the 32 GB. I find the 16 GB to be limiting (and the store person had said I could get the 8 GB and be fine....baloney). I have to decide to delete songs to make room all the time. With the 32 GB you won't ever have to worry, but it's up to you. You might only use 12 GB in your scenario, but if you ever want to load more, then you'll run up against the same problems I have. I'd spend the extra money, but that's me.

5. iOrlando macrumors 68000

i have the 16 and probably could have gotten away with the 8 (but they dont even have it for 3gs).

for your specs...16 will be fine.

everyone always says..oh but i will to have every single one of my songs on my phone..to which i ask why? just make several playlists of a few hundred songs...it takes literally a few minutes to change playlists when connected to itunes. you can surf the net for a bit during the process. not a big deal or pain at all..

6. wondering28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, you're right. In my case, I will have the phone for about 2 years, and then it will surely be filled up, quite a lot. Although I know I will mostly use the phone to surf, take short films, and have some movies saved, ie not so much music saved.

Thanks for your tips! I'll think about it some minutes, :) Thanks.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That may be true for you, but some of us want to be able to replace an ipod with a phone and ipod. For the difference in price, why not? Also, even if he could get along fine at first, in the future, if he changes his mind and wants to add more, then he'll be limited.

8. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

If you can afford $199 for the iphone and then ~$75+ a month for the service for 2 years, you can afford another $100 for the extra memory. It is less than $5 more a month over the life of the 2 year contract. If that $5 makes you think you can't afford it, then you definitely should NOT be buying an iphone. Use your money for more important needs.

9. wondering28 thread starter macrumors newbie

I live in Sweden. The phone will cost in U.S. dollars: USD 981,848 for the 32GB and 841.483 USD for the 16GB. I will buy the phone without a subscription, so I pay directly to for the phone.
    The reason why I am not sure is because I think that I maybe won't use the entire space and then may have the extra money for something else.

10. strike1555 macrumors 6502

You could probably get away with the 16 GB. Do you really constantly need 5 full feature movies at a time? You probably can't even get through two of them without needing a recharge.

It's not hard to check what you need and don't need.

The truth is that people who complain about running out of space are just very poor in managing their library. Or lazy.

11. wondering28 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, probably I do not need 5 movies saved. You are right about the loading time. But on a trip, it would feel good to have it. But if all these will fit, I'll go with 16GB.

12. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

In that case, the percentage of increase in price between 16 and 32 is even smaller for you. ~15% more for 50% more storage is a non-brainer IMO.

13. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

if your into short movie clips and just movies in general the 32g is a no brainer imho.

but i understand at the same time its alot of money to throw down at once. what it really comes down to is the management of the data. are you willing to swap out the movies on the fly as needed or do you want to keep them all on hand at once. if your willing to manage your data and swap things in and out then 16g is all you need.

14. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

32gb for sure. Mine is just 4gb left. Price difference is negligible.

15. wondering28 thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not think I will have the same 5 movies saved on the phone all the time. I will replace those when I've watched them I suppose.
    At the same time as when you are traveling maybe you can not remove all the movies and want more movies saved. :confused:

Then, it is what many are talking about, the so-called second-hand value of the phone - it will be more value on sale.
    And that there will always be new applications that will take more storage.

16. nlivo macrumors 6502a