Going To Quebec City, What Should I See/Do

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by trinigen, Jun 17, 2008.

1. trinigen macrumors newbie

Hello all,

Along the same lines as the other poster going to Toronto, my wife and I are headed up to Quebec for 4 nights. We're staying at the Chateau Frontenac (sp?). Neither of us have ever been so does anyone have any suggestions of what to see / do or where to eat. Beer related eateries are a plus as well as something nice for just the 2 of us to enjoy since we will be sans child.

Thanks in advance.

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I was in Quebec last summer and it's a fantastic day to spend a few days in. I'm sure you know that the Frontenac is one of the most beautiful hotels in the entire world. It's up on the hill near the old fort, so that's obviously a must see for you. I took a boat tour on the river and it wasn't anything spectacular, just your average tour boat.
    One of the highlights was taking a drive around L'ile D'Orleans, which is a large island on the St. Lawrence a few miles downriver from Quebec. There is a road that rings the island that takes a couple hours to drive. The island is full of wineries, ice cream shops, and if you're there at the right time, the best strawberries I've ever tasted.
    If you're an adrenaline junkie, you can drive down into northwestern Maine and do some whitewater rafting on the Kennebec river. The rapids are only class III or so on most days, but every once in a while they release a ton of extra water from the reservoir and the river comes alive.

Hope this helps!