Going to replace screen on Macbook, which one to buy!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ronnes, Jan 2, 2010.

1. ronnes macrumors newbie

hi! im new to this forum though i´ve been lurking around here without registering. but now it was time for my first question.

i have a Macbook 13.3 with 2.4 Ghz intel core 2 duo, the white plastic one which was the last generation of this model before the unibody came i think:eek:

i was wondering which screen to buy for when i should replace it! a friend of mine was a bit unlucky on new years eve, and sat on my mac....:eek: so my screen is now busted...

when i look up the model a1181 it seems like its the right the one, but the specs i get for that model is 1.83 ghz- 2.0ghz:confused:

which screen should i get? its almost as expensive to repair it a apple as to buy my self a new one!

sorry if the information is lacking! tell me if you need more info and if so what info

cheers and happy new year!

2. ronnes thread starter macrumors newbie

what? no one knows this? come on an lend me your knowledge...hehe:)

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Can you not claim on House Insurance under accidental damage?

4. ronnes thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont know if fat ass against mac is covered by the insurance:p

i thought about it, but i´ve just used my insurance with some music gear that got stolen...and i don´t want to loose trust with the insurance company since its under a month since i last used them... ill give them a call tomorrow.

but i still would like to know what screen to order...is it the a1181 model i have?

5. Andy348 macrumors 6502

Go to "About This Mac" and click on "More Info" and then "Graphics and Display". Whats the graphics card called?

6. ronnes thread starter macrumors newbie