Going to sell my iPhone 4 locally...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by j4bles, Sep 29, 2011.

1. j4bles macrumors member

Black 16 gig:

The glass on the back of my phone broke. I got an OEM replacement glass, but I have since replaced that with a brushed metal back.

How should I go about selling this locally? Generally, people would want everything original, correct? I still have the original box.

Phone also has two hairline scratches on the front. Non-visible with screen protector attached (not sure how that works), and then only visible when screen protector is off and screen is black.

$350 for a quick local sale? I'm not looking to ship this or deal with returns. Other than the non-OEM back and scratches, the phone is in great condition. Should I keep the replacement glass on it or try and sell it with the brushed metal back? Or offer both/either?

2. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

$350 sounds about right, start like at $370 OBO though. I'd go no lower than $300 at the minimum however.

3. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Good question. Mine is 32gig, white and has a transparent back (original back in plastic bubble-wrap bag). Most of all it is unlocked (factory) as this is how they are sold here in Finland.

4. j4bles thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. Should I just put the OEM glass back on it? Or is it worth the same with the brushed metal?

I guess it would just be preference, eh?

5. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

Yes, it's a matter of personal preference. Either way should be fine.