going to sell my MBP, what do you think?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by squeeks, Jul 28, 2007.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

and buy a new imac (when they come out) and a blackbook

you see my sig, with its specs, do you think $2799 is a good asking price on ebay?

i just think id rather have a desktop to do video editing on, i mean i know i bought this machine to try and have one less computer, but, i dont know...yeah...i'll see what the specs are on the new imacs and decided for sure then i guess..

2. MacPossum macrumors 6502

MacPossum

At least wait until the iMac comes out, but personally, I'd keep the MBP.

3. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

yeah il definatly do that

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I like the option to be portable when I want. While I really fell for the imac design when it came out, I still loved knowing I could unhook from the externals and just go.

I'd keep the mbp.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I would keep the MBP also. It's one computer, but will likely knock the socks off the combined two in terms of specs. You'd probably take far less of a financial hit just buying an external firewire 800 hard drive (1TB drives can be had for way under $300 now), and an external keyboard and mouse, as a sort of "docking station" for the MBP.

6. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

i already have all of that, but its a constant unlugging it and plugging it back in that id like to get away from by just haveing a smaller laptop to carry around, and an iMac to use for production stuff

but we'll see when they release the new imacs