going to sell my MBP, what do you think?

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
and buy a new imac (when they come out) and a blackbook

you see my sig, with its specs, do you think $2799 is a good asking price on ebay?

i just think id rather have a desktop to do video editing on, i mean i know i bought this machine to try and have one less computer, but, i dont know...yeah...i'll see what the specs are on the new imacs and decided for sure then i guess..

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I like the option to be portable when I want. While I really fell for the imac design when it came out, I still loved knowing I could unhook from the externals and just go.

I'd keep the mbp.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I would keep the MBP also. It's one computer, but will likely knock the socks off the combined two in terms of specs. You'd probably take far less of a financial hit just buying an external firewire 800 hard drive (1TB drives can be had for way under $300 now), and an external keyboard and mouse, as a sort of "docking station" for the MBP.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
I would keep the MBP also. It's one computer, but will likely knock the socks off the combined two in terms of specs. You'd probably take far less of a financial hit just buying an external firewire 800 hard drive (1TB drives can be had for way under $300 now), and an external keyboard and mouse, as a sort of "docking station" for the MBP.
i already have all of that, but its a constant unlugging it and plugging it back in that id like to get away from by just haveing a smaller laptop to carry around, and an iMac to use for production stuff

but we'll see when they release the new imacs