Going to Six Flags. Leave iPhone 4 home?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbachandouris, Sep 4, 2010.

1. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

If it's not safe to leave an iPhone in the car, even turned off, what do I do? Leave it home? If I carry it around all day, I'll worry about it and if I leave it in the car (trunk). I'll worry. Options? I could leave it in an EMPTY (no ice) cooler.

2. nden macrumors member

lol you worry too much.. leave it in your car, cover it up with some thing, it will be fine.

3. ValenR macrumors member

Leave it at home. You're already this worried, so better leave it at home.

Also I'd be scared of my iPhone melting in the car :p (even if it's inside the empty cooler box)

4. jbachandouris thread starter macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I left it in the mini-van when it was hotter than it will be today. Outside temps will be around 74F and cloudy today.

5. DroidRules macrumors 65816

What's the world coming to when someone needs to ask a forum what they should do with their phone.... freakin sad.

Leave it at home if you're THIS worried that you feel the need to ask total strangers on a forum what you should do.

6. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Put it in the bank Safe Deposit box. Hire few mercenaries and tell them to shoot to kill anyone that comes near it.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'd carry my phone into the park before I leave it in a hot car. Given the only locations I know where a Six Flags is, it's too warm right now to chance it.

9. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Just wear a pair of shorts with buttoned or zippered pockets and take it with you into the park. If you're going to do a water ride, put it into a ziploc bag and you'll be fine.

I'd take it with you since on labor day weekend you're gonna be standing in line a lot at Six Flags.

10. jbachandouris thread starter macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

What's this world coming to when you can't ask a question on a forum which was created to ask and answer questions. Droid lover? Why am I not surprised?

11. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

I'll be frank, you do come off as a bit on the overprotective side.

It's a phone. If you have no use for it while at this Six Flags, why bring it?

12. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

This...lol...jk...take it with you don't be so silly

13. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Again, I'm amazed at these threads. Can you really not make a choice on how you handle things you own? Or had previous experience in...anything? I'd just take my 3G, but do something crazy and make your own choice!

14. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Do you ever think for yourself? It's a phone and meant to be used.

15. dohspc macrumors regular

dohspc

16. dave420 macrumors 65816

You can always rent a locker and put it in there. One time I was at the waterpark and instead of putting it in the locker I put it on top of the row of lockers by mistake. I was surprised and happy when I came back two hours later to find my phone sitting out in the open.

17. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

use a spare phone

you should have a spare 'dumbphone' or an older smarthphone to change your SIM card for this types of occasions. Every-time I go trolling (fishing people!) or to any place where it might get damaged due to a special activity, I just swap my iPhone's sim card into another phone. Just remember that the sim card is empty so you have to copy your contacts to it w/ SIManager if jb or manual input the contacts to the sim...

18. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I'd take it with me but would ensure that it would be in a well secured pocket, such as a buttoned shirt pocket so it wouldn't fly out on some rides.

The camera is to awesome to not use it.

Normal precautions are all that is needed.

19. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

either leave it at home and keep living in irrational fear (your trunk CANNOT get as hot as to damage your phone ... it's direct sunlight that might heat it up to that degree, not hot air.

OR

bring it with you, take some awesome pics of the great time at six flags, call your friends to brag about the great time you're having.

20. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

So you're saying that 74f is hot? Are you in Canada or Iceland? Sheesh man, I'm in Dallas and we've had 24 out of 25 days above 104f with no rain or clouds. iPhone was just fine.

haha

.....he said 74 was hot. hahahahaha :D

21. Stormspeed macrumors member

Haters will be haters.

22. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Really? Its a damn phone. Bring it with you. Wow.

23. Stein357 macrumors 6502

Either put it in your glove box or take it with you, simple as that.

24. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

If worried, then leave it at home. No worries that way.

Personally, I would take it and keep it on me while there.

25. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Put the used used diapers in the purse you leave on the seat in plain view, and the iphone and the valuables in the diaper bag with the bio hazard warning on the side.