Going to sleep time suddenly increased?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by seannixon, Mar 22, 2012.

1. seannixon macrumors newbie

Since I got the iMac, November 2011, it always went to sleep instantly. All of a sudden, the past few days, it's taking about 20 seconds or so to do so. I've not installed any new software or updates in this time.

What might have caused this?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Are you running Transmission? I noticed that when I have that running it significantly increases the sleep time. It's related to having to pause the transfers. There may be other applications that you're using that could have done this instead.

jW

3. starter15 macrumors newbie

do u have any sharing services turned on? those will tend to increase the time the system takes to enter sleep mode.

4. seannixon thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure what this is, but I don't think so!

You may have the answer here. I got the new iPad last week and a file browser app I installed required file sharing to be enabled, which I did.

I've turned it off, to see if it cured the problem, which it didn't, but I still think it may be related. It's the only thing I can think that's changed recently.

Thanks for your input.

5. bwhitta macrumors regular

Did you recently upgrade your memory? I recently increased the memory on my mid-2010 MacBook Pro from 4gb to 8gb. The time it takes to put it to sleep has doubled.