Going to take the plunge....quick question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ^squirrel^, Dec 17, 2007.

1. ^squirrel^ macrumors 6502a

^squirrel^

EDIT - sorry posted in wrong section. Please can you move to buying advice?

Ok, long story, but to cut it short i'm going to exchange my MP for a MBP. My workplace require a MP and i dont have the need to have such a powerful mac. So gonna move over to a MBP.

My company will need the MP in the 1st week of Jan. Should i just go ahead and order the MBP or wait until after Macworld? I'll be without a machine for most of Jan if i do this..... Which would be very frustrating!

I personally cant see the MBP getting an update, there's a lot more in the range that needs an update before the MBP.... I guess if i need it, i should just get it now. But i'd thought i'd just check to see if there was any news on a refresh before i buy.

thanks

D

2. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Ooooh, it's not a good time to pick up an MBP if you're concerned about imminent updates - MacBook Pros ARE due for an update, it's been 6 months, the chips are being readied, all sorts of rumours on the enclosure and size abound, and an announcement is expected around Macworld.

As it stands, buying a MBP now won't be particularly good value if a newer one that offers more pops up three or four weeks later at the same price. Just depends how essential it is for you to have one.

I always think that if you're going to LOSE a lot of money somehow by not having a computer, just get it. Otherwise, you can wait (especially the short time between the start of the year and Macworld)

3. ^squirrel^ thread starter macrumors 6502a

^squirrel^

Ah right, sounds like it's worth the wait!

I'll use my work machine for the time being then. (Powerbook G4) It'll be painfully slow, but it'll do for now.