Going to test iPhoto + iOS 8 Photos Cloud

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Razeus, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Razeus macrumors 603

Well I've confirmed that when I take a photo on my iOS device, it still sends the photos to iPhoto (I don't ues iPhoto so I had to download it, install it, and enable Photostream).

So now I'm going to test if dragging and dropping my folder based system into iPhoto and see if that starts uploading all my photos to iCloud/Photostream and check to see if it gets passed the first 1,000 photos or does all of my photos (currently 13,000+) and see if they appear on my iDevices (because I have iPhoto set to "add new photos to photostream").

Before I do, as anyone tested this?

2. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

SPOILER: It won't show up on your phone. As far as I can tell, there is no way to add to your iCloud photo library until they release the photos app for Yosemite.

3. Razeus thread starter macrumors 603

WRONG!

I tested with one folder just to see.

I've confirmed that adding photos to my iPhoto Library, with its Photostream turned on, DOES INDEED START SHOWING UP ON MY iDEVICES.

I'm going to add the rest of my 2014 folders and take it further.

4. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Are you just auto uploading to your photo stream or something?

EDIT: using the "Automatic Import" option on your mac? If so that's not iCloud photo library, that's just a static photo stream you're uploading.

5. Razeus thread starter macrumors 603

Ya.

It stopped at the 1,000 photo limit. At least I have my latest 1000 photos on my phone until Apple does something. But of course they haven't said what's going on with iCloud Photo Library or if this limit is even lifted for Photostream. Apparently the limit is still in effect. No use in paying for extra storage (I was going for the 200GB option) if this crap isn't fixed.