Going to the genius bar tomorrow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hatcher146, Aug 15, 2008.

1. hatcher146 macrumors 6502

I made an appointment to go to the genius bar to talk to someone about my iPhone.

it has a serious battery issue.

i got it on launch day and the battery sucks. it drains 30% after just 30 minutes usage with safari. i'm on 40% right now and i only talked for about 3 hours total today.

it drains soooo quickly. i have recorded alot of usages and battery readings.

what do you think they are going to do?

thanks!

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

wait, you talked for 3 HOURS and you have 40% left? How exactly is that a problem?

3. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

My guess, probably nothing.

From Apple's web site on the iPhone page.

Attached Files:

4. hatcher146 thread starter macrumors 6502

normal?!

i have everything turned off... everything. 3G, location services, bluetooth, you name it, its off.

with edge i should get somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 hours of talk time. and your telling me if i talk for three hours and i have 40 percent left its normal?

and i used safari through wifi for 30 minutes and my battery lost 30%.

thats not normal.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I think they're going to tell you that you're ****ing crazy. 3 hours talk will drain most batteries I think.

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Nothing to see here. This is normal battery life.

7. pj rage macrumors 6502

I don't lose 30% battery for 30 mins of safari browsing. I'd be surprised if I could even detect any change at all if it was fully charged and then I did just 30 mins browsing.

8. elbirth macrumors 65816

Anyone should know not to take a company's stated averages as anything but marketing. 10 hours on EDGE? Yeah right... Maybe 7 or 8 hours, and if you're down to 40% after talking for 3 hours, that sounds closer to being about right.
    Also, make sure you have the brightness turned down a bit. The LCD is a big battery drainer

30% in 30 minutes of safari sounds more worrisome, however. After 30 minutes of web browsing on wifi, or even playing a casual game for that long doesn't really show a noticeable change on my battery meter. It's entirely possible you have a bad battery, but I'm more inclined to think that it's something else. Have you tried restarting the phone? One time I noticed my battery dropped by nearly 50% overnight and I think it was due to a rogue process from a failed backup (iTunes froze up and it never finished). I've also noticed a pretty big improvement after having let the battery completely die a couple times and fully recharged it.

9. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Well, tell us what happens.

TIA.