Going to Ukraine, Germany, and Austria!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by likemyorbs, Aug 5, 2012.

1. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I've never been to Europe before, so I'm really excited. Im going on August 31st for 12 days. I'll be going to Kiev, Munich, and Vienna. I'll be ok in Kiev since I can speak Russian, but I'm nervous about Germany and Austria because I don't know a word in German. I will be having AT&T unlock my iPhone 4 so I can use European sim cards and tether my iPad to it. Anyone have any comments or suggestions about places I should see and the best wireless providers to use?

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I went to Berlin and don't speak a word of German and I was fine. Everyone spoke English. You might have difficulty in smaller cities, but in the big ones, it shouldn't be a problem.

3. ender land macrumors 6502a

I went to Wien and München (Vienna and Munich, in German) a few years ago and had no problems not speaking significant German.

My suggestion, especially for Vienna, is to take time and walk the city - there is a lot of really cool stuff there.

4. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

If you can speak English you will be fine. As you have an iPhone, why not download one of the many translator apps? They can speak and translate written languages with ease if you get stuck.