Going with 2015 Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kingofkings11, Nov 21, 2016.

1. kingofkings11 macrumors member

In the debate to pay for the absurd 2016 macbook pro prices or go for a more reasonable 2015 macbook pro I've decided to go with a 2015 macbook pro specifically the MJLQ2LL/A version which has the following specs:

• 2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz)
    • 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM; 256 GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
    • 15.4-Inch LED-Backlit IPS Retina Display (2880 x 1800 Resolution)
    • Intel Iris Pro Graphics, Thunderbolt 2, USB 3.0, HDMI, Force Touch TrackPad
    • OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Up to 9 Hours of Battery Life
    I dont plan on doing any video editing but perhaps some gaming. Im sure this setup would be more than enough to play a game like age of empires...but what other games could I potentially play on this setup? Would it be good enough for CS GO for example?

Thanks

2. The_Nautilus macrumors newbie

The_Nautilus

I guess it depends on your definition of good enough. I tried it with my 2012 Air (back in 2012 granted) and it seemed fine to me. But I'm not in any clans or going to any lan parties so count me as an occasional gamer.

3. emailnotebox macrumors regular

emailnotebox

B&H sells brand new 2015 15' models with R9 m370x if you want discrete gpu, and that should widen playable game selections, should you wish.

4. kingofkings11 thread starter macrumors member

Im actually looking to get a certified refurb off the apple store. They only have ones with integrated GPU plus the price difference is significant. Just wonder what I can get away with if I get the integrated GPU.

5. lambertjohn macrumors 6502

I recently purchased this one from the Apple refurb store and I have to say, it's amazing. Fast CPU. Tons of RAM. Ten hour battery. Clear, bright Retina screen. And it has all the ports I'll ever need built-in!! No dongles required. I could have purchased one of the 2016 MacBooks, but why?? The 2015 Macbook Pro 15 is every bit as good, if not better. Buy it, you won't be sorry.

6. kingofkings11 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your reply. Can you comment on the integrated gpu? Have you tried any gaming or connected to a 4K screen?