Gold and Diamond Encrusted iPad only $189,000

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ReviewPC, May 14, 2010.

1. ReviewPC macrumors member

2. Mshilling macrumors regular

"This is for people who have more money than sense. "

no doubt someone here will get one.

3. iserian macrumors 6502

Yeah - but the apple case covers up the Bling Bling on the back so I'm going to have to return it.

4. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Maybe we'll get to see it hanging around one of the wannabe rap artist's neck?

5. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

Mervis Diamond Importers will have a version with almost 11.5 carats of diamonds encrusting it for only $20K. Seems like a better deal especially since the diamonds on the one mentioned in the OP is covering the wifi apple window.

6. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Yup and it will be running a clock app, while the guy is lip singing to something he downloaded from the iTunes store:D

7. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

8. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Please, a gold iPad is for the poor. I'm awaiting my platinum iPad. Yes, I will need a hand truck to carry it around since it will be so heavy but I demand luxury.

9. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

+1.

And, as usual, it's the wi-fi haters coming down on an amazing 3G/64GB status symbol.

BJ

10. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

And people were worried about walking out of the Apple Store getting their regular iPad's stolen, eh? :p

11. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

Yeah, but the gold back does not have the black rubber space for the 3G antenna. Beyond terribly hampering the 3G it makes it look like you have a lowly Wifi...

Should have fashioned a diamond + sapphire crystal to facilitate accurate status symbol communication.

12. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

What happens when you get it and it has a stuck pixel? Do you take it the Genius bar? Does the Genius tell you he can't exchange this or does he give you a normal iPad and run away with yours?

13. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

Why wait for platinum? Fully diamond encrusted iPad is where it's at.

14. gillybean macrumors 6502a

boltjames should get one, then his sig could read:

iPad 3G solid Gold SUPREME Edition with 25.5 cts of Flawless Diamonds | 64GB | $189,000 | Apple TV | iPhone | iPod Touch x3 | Rolex x3| BMW | Trophy Wife | Beach House | iPad 3G Elitist Club® Member

15. Battlestar macrumors 6502

16. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

Don't know if I should correct such outdated slang (don't know if it's a joke0, but you do know it's "the bomb" or "da bomb" - the balm would probably help with chapped lips or a rash though...

17. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Hear all ten have been sold and heading for Dubai. :D

18. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I was waiting for someone to come out with that. I'm sure some idiot will fall for it...and then slip it in a case, covering up all the bling.

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Sad, but very true.

20. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

He should get something better than a 328i with 335i exhaust pipes first :rolleyes:

21. Ca$hflow macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

64GB & 3G is overkill for me. How much for the 16GB/Wifi model?:rolleyes:

22. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Save $200 :D

23. freebooter macrumors 65816

freebooter

Goldman Sachs goes 12 better

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Goldman Sachs is buying a "bakers dozen, ha ha" of the gold and jewel encrusted iPads for every employee to commemorate their triumph over the markets on Flash Crash Thursday. "What the hell, they've earned it," commented a jovial Lloyd Blankfein, Goldman chairman and CEO. "Besides, we've got to do something with all these US dollars before they are worth less than leaves in autumn, which we have decided will occur in the 3rd quarter," he added with a wink.
    G.S. has also ordered custom leather cases made from the translucent skin of Greek widows and orphans, hand rubbed with the fat of recently beached Louisiana dolphins. Each iPad will have a congratulatory autograph from Warren Buffet.
    In a desperate move to "ease tensions with Wall Street", the White House press secretary confirmed that president Obama had offered to sign the cases and pay for the iPads (with Treasury notes), but, not surprisingly, his calls, text messages, IMs and 'tweets' were not returned.
    Unconfirmed reports have it that the Invisible Emperor, Lord de Rothchild himself, will present the precious iPads in a gala ceremony to be held in S.P.E.C.T.E.R. headquarters underneath an undisclosed volcano. Bono and the ghost of Michael Jackson are rumored to be attending and will perform a duet.

24. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

LOL. Well done.

BJ

25. ukyo229 Guest

and yet, the "normal" iPads look more classy. This thing looks tacky as hell, and not only that, takes away certain advantages of the iPad.

Although, with some people, they think higher price = superior. Oh the Snobs :rolleyes:

Did you see that gold Macbook Air. EEEEWWWW *feels sick*