Gold finish on the iPhone 5s. Scratch Easy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThaRagingAsian, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ThaRagingAsian macrumors 6502

ThaRagingAsian

Really thinking about a gold iPhone 6+. How is the gold finish on the iPhone 5s. Does t withstand scratches really good or scratches easy like the black iPhone 5?
    Thanks'

2. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Mine still looks brand new. Of course, mine is relatively brand new (I shattered my launch day one about a month ago, so this is a replacement). However, before shattering the screen on my first 5S, it too looked fantastic. I do keep my phones in a case, but no rubs or scuffs like I had with the 4/4S or launch 5 or anything (interestingly enough, I have a one year old replacement 5 as well, which is my wife's now...had it replaced due to dust under the camera lens...that one doesn't have a mark, so they may have improved the slate finish over time with the 5).

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

Holds up a lot better than the slate on the 5 - but if it scratches, the silver finish underneath is exposed.

4. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

It's anodized aluminum, so it will scratch fairly easily. The chamfer get's nicked very easily. I dropped mine in my pocket when I first got it and hadn't got my case yet and put i nice nick in the chamfer from a quarter I had in my pocket.

5. M87 macrumors 65816

The chamfered edges are kind of easily chipped, but it's not very noticable. I don't see any scratches on the back though, and I have dropped it on asphalt a couple of times.

6. ThaRagingAsian thread starter macrumors 6502

ThaRagingAsian

Thanks. I don't use a case and am very careful. I think the gold should be fine.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

My wife drops here phone about 87 times a day. Granted, there is a case on it, but she has had it out of the case and dropped it on our wood floor too. No scracthes on the back. The 5 was the bad one. That scratched INSIDE the case (hers looked like it had been througha warzone lol).