gold iPhone 6 looks different sometimes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JawneeWin, Sep 21, 2014.

1. JawneeWin macrumors 6502

I didn't open my phone until launch day inside my house. It looks straight up gold. I didn't get the chance to actually leave my house until this morning. I looked at my phone and I noticed that it wasn't the same color as when it was inside. Sometimes it looks like a regular gold color... Sometimes it has a pink tone to it, almost like a light rose gold. Anyone else?

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

It seems to look different in different lighting. I looked at it in the Apple Store, and it seemed almost silver, but then someone had one outside and it was more yellow-y.

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

the new gold hue is more goldish than the predecessor 5s. the 5s was ever so slightly golder than silver. but i have the same effect on my 5s. it turns into different hues depending on the lighting. looks good in person.

4. JawneeWin thread starter macrumors 6502

I liked the gold hue on the 5s, but I like the iphone 6's color a lot more. Sometimes, the gold on the 5s looks like silver to me lol. The color on the iphone 6 looks so nice now, especially with the new metal apple logo on the back.

5. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

got to step up their game.. especially crapsung is copying their gold marketing. btw: the s5 gold looks so hideous no amount of puke can justify it. LMFAO

6. JawneeWin thread starter macrumors 6502

It's the plastic ;) Plastic gold = tacky.