Gold or Silver iPhone 6+?

driftking2k

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
I originally started with the iphone 5 silver/white model and loved it.

I wanted to switch it up and get a Gold 6+ but the longer I wait for it to become available, the more I want the silver model.

1)I went to the sprint store today and they had a 6+ gold model and it didn't look bad, but the white bands on the back kind of breaks up the flow.

2)Silver models seem to flow/match better and they're actually available to buy in my area throughout the day. I haven't seen one 6+ available in 5 days.

Would you get the Silver or Gold?

Noble Actual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
I actually like Silver the most.

I wish the space gray was more darker but I like the black front so I went with that.

ihatephish

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2011
I went from a gold 5s to silver 6 plus. I loved my gold 5s but now equally love my silver 6 plus. I used a clear case though for the 5s and am using the apple navy leather on the 6 plus.

I will say that I'm not a fan of the back of the gold 6s, but that would be irrelevant with a leather case. I will also say that I thought about exchanging my silver for gold, but I think this phone looks great in silver with the navy leather case so I'm keeping it.

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
I got my first white iPhone after having black since the first one... I got silver, and really like it.

That being said, I think the space grey 6 is BY FAR the best looking out of the three. If I could switch my plus for one, I definitely would... Apple really brought out the 6's design with the space grey color.i can see why they are advertising it so much...

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
I originally pre-ordered the iPhone 6 Plus in Silver, but of course 3-4 weeks wait so I decided to see if Apple store had them in stock on launch day. Surprisingly, I went there around 1:40 PM, and around 2 PM, they had 6 Plus's available. They either had it in SG or Gold. I went with Gold because that was my second choice. I just don't like the Space Grey's. So I ended up canceling the silver 6 Plus on Apple.com and went with the AT&T 6 Plus Gold 128 GB.

I did play around with the silver when I visited the apple store last few days and it's not like the silver on my iPad Mini Retina. The silver seemed very plain and I did not like that so I made the right choice in going with the Gold color.

iluvbeer99

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
i bought the gold and like the color a lot but the Silver looks really sharp. I can see why many love the look of the Silver.

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
I wanted the gold at first but the more I thought about it realized that I loved the silver more. Very happy with my choice.

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I wanted to order silver, as always, but it was unavailable on Apple Store App pre-order for 64GB 6+ so I ordered gold. I was afraid I would hate it (and be pegged as a Kardashian :eek:) but mine arrived flawless with a perfect screen so I choose to be satisfied this go-round with what I've got. I can always go back to silver next year and FWIW everyone around me really loves the gold.

Agent-P

macrumors 68030
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
I've been debating the exact same thing with the regular 6. On the one hand I really like how the gold Touch ID ring looks around the home button. On the other hand I like how the bands on the silver model blend in better than the ones on the gold. Right now I have no intentions of using a case, but I will consider it if the device proves to be slippery.

TJ82

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
Gold is by far the best to look at in person.

I have the 6+ space grey and a friend has the 6+ silver and we both want the gold after seeing my gf's 6.

It's not gold anyway. It's a bronze/champagne sort of colour. Looks classy and subdued. Not ostentatious as the name gold would suggest.

Apple are ridiculous for calling it 'gold'. It attracts pointless negativity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.