Gold or Space Grey?

roxics

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2013
I don't think gold looks as good in this model as the 5S, I think space grey looks best. But I'm still tempted by the gold. Hard to know from the renders though. Having trouble deciding.

Does anyone have any links to large photos of the 6+ in gold? Actual hands on photos and not Apple renders.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I agree with you about Gold. I like it on the 5s but it's too much gold on the 6/6+ for me.

I've always liked how solid Space Gray backing looks on the iPad so I'll like it better on the iPhone 6 compared to the 5s.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
I always get Silver and that's the color I'll go for this time as well.

Space Grey or Gold? Space Grey looks better, IMO.

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Wish they would release a black one instead of the space gray. But I don't like a white face, so space gray for me.

roxics

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2013
I'll be honest. I just like that gold ring around the home button.

haticK

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2011
New York
I personally don't like the gold at all so I'd say space grey but I'm going with silver because I'm sick of black phones. Space grey would be more tempting if the back was really dark though.

Brien

macrumors 68030
Aug 11, 2008
I was all sold on gold until I saw it... for whatever reason I don't like it as much on the 6. So silver for me.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
I don't think gold looks as good in this model as the 5S, I think space grey looks best. But I'm still tempted by the gold. Hard to know from the renders though. Having trouble deciding.

Does anyone have any links to large photos of the 6+ in gold? Actual hands on photos and not Apple renders.
I wonder too. I like the Gold in the 5S, but questioned if it would look as good on the 6+. If not, I'm going Silver, unless the Space Gray impresses' me more.

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
I feel similar about silver vs. space grey. I hate SG on the 5S and iPad but somehow it isn't as bad on the 6. Before the announcement I was sold on silver, 4.7, and 32 GB. Funny how all of that has changed.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I don't particularly like the lines on the gold this year. I think the silver and grey back looks much cleaner. Missed out on a gold 5S. This year I am not sure I want it. :(

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
I was convinced I was going to go for the gold color until I actually saw how impressive the space grey looks. Definitely going 6+ space grey.

Jon1323

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Louisville, Ky
Space Grey, I have a gold 5s and love it but I don't think the gold looks near as good on the 6 for whatever reason. That said I think I'm going with silver.

tomj200

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Personally I think the gold iPhone 5S is the nicest looking iPhone. But think on the 6 and 6+ it doesn't look as good. But personally don't like the antenna stripes on the silver, and i've always had a black iPhone. My black iPhone 5 is scratched a lot which makes it look ugly.

I really like the gold ring around the home button so i'm going with the gold one :)

jian

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008
San Francisco
Gold or silver.
While I do like the backing of grey, I absolutely hate black front panel.
Silver backing looks a little boring and somewhat cheap, but if I have to, I would get silver since it will be cased anyway, but I still prefer gold. just my 2cents.

njn007

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Southeastern PA, USA
Having tried for Gold last year (with no luck), I will do everything in my power to try and get gold this go-around.

By the way, we totally need a gold Apple icon :apple:

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA

I have a gold 5S and I'm going with space gray.

mgb1120

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
64gb 6 Plus Space For Me! Think the Plus will be hard to find....

apple might be Underestimating who will choose it

InternetDude08

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2009
I had a silver 5, now a gold 5S. I will be going for gold again. The silver is just "meh", boring looking. Personally I hate the black front so I can't pick grey, as much as I like the back, I really don't spend much time looking at the back of my phone. Besides, most people put a case/cover on their phone so who really cares LOL

Gold is best. Best, best, best. (Some of you will get that reference)