Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
If your going to gold plate an Apple Watch. Go with the Time Preserve. Watch plate is good, but not as good. Within a couple of months the plating comes off.

Bigdog9586

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2015
Bad thing is if it goes bad. Wife's worked great for about 4 months than couldn't charge. Replaced it with a new one that kept losing Bluetooth connection and the watch had to be booted to get it back. Nothing else worked.

Simche

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2015
Europe
watchplate.com <-- They have really good plating-service + most have done it with them. check their picture/review section, quite amazing

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
watchplate.com <-- They have really good plating-service + most have done it with them. check their picture/review section, quite amazing

Do a search for them here. A number of MR members got poor services from this company, including incompletely plated watches, dirty boxes returned to them, and worse, the plating rubbing off over time. They actually have to resort to putting a transparent film on the underside of the watch to make the plating last longer.

Jvjlite

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
If your going to gold plate an Apple Watch. Go with the Time Preserve. Watch plate is good, but not as good. Within a couple of months the plating comes off.

Worth repeating....go with thetimepreserve.com! I had mine gold plated first part of July by the Time Preserve. It looks today just as it did when I received it back from them....no scratches, chipping, or fading. Two year warranty...20 years experience in refinishing fine watches.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Worth repeating....go with thetimepreserve.com! I had mine gold plated first part of July by the Time Preserve. It looks today just as it did when I received it back from them....no scratches, chipping, or fading. Two year warranty...20 years experience in refinishing fine watches.

I actually did get my watch gold plated from the Time Preserve. However I wasn't aware of their existence until after I had my watch plated by WatchPlate. Sent it in, Looks amazing again.

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
Do a search for them here. A number of MR members got poor services from this company, including incompletely plated watches, dirty boxes returned to them, and worse, the plating rubbing off over time. They actually have to resort to putting a transparent film on the underside of the watch to make the plating last longer.

^^ he's right.

I am one of those MR members... condition of the plating through watchplate degraded significantly after 6 months. From the research I've done since, TimePreserve does seem to be the way to go for these things.

Reactions: hovscorpion12
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.