Gold Sport / Aluminum thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by funnyboy88, Mar 15, 2016.

1. funnyboy88 macrumors regular

Gold Sport owners unite! What bands or adapters have you bought? Figured we could use a thread collecting this info since right now it is pretty scattered.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 15, 2016 ---
    Here is a Brown Leather Loop clone by Vteyes. Wore it a couple weeks without issue, but I'm just not crazy about the leather loop look. It also has a kind of shiny, plastic look. I went back to the Midnight Blue Sport. I originally thought the Leather Loop would be a good option because you don't have to worry about the lugs clashing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016K40CC0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

IMG_5201.JPG IMG_5202.JPG IMG_5203.JPG

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

My favority is the black and the brown leather loop from Apple. Do not like the shiny look for sure.

3. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

4. KST87 macrumors 6502

KST87

Posted in another thread! Decided to share here too!!

A few of my looks from this Week!!

Look 1: A Baseus band I purchased off eBay! I like the quality, it feels nice on my wrist; not to mention the gold adapters and buckle look rather nice on my 42mm Gold AW Sport!

Look 2: is A Hermes Double Tour Replica, also purchased off eBay. I'm still conflicted about this particular band. Not sure if I am wearing it properly as in one pic it looks twisted a little.

Look 3:The standard Gold AWS band in Midnight Blue. I really like this band as it compliments a fair amount of my clothing choices. I have to agree with others, this is a very comfortable band.

*I also have a ArmorSuit screen protector and a Moko tpu case cover, both from Amazon. Case cover comes in a 6 pack for 5.99!!*[​IMG]

5. funnyboy88 thread starter macrumors regular

Any Gold Sport owners picking up any of the new Nylon bands?

6. phoenixcat macrumors newbie

phoenixcat

I'm quite tempted by the black nylon band. I wish you could buy bands with gold pin and buckles.

7. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I just bought my gold sport from the Best Buy sale yesterday. It came with the ivory band. At some point I'll compile pics of how it looks with my sizable collection of Apple Sport bands that I already accumulated for my Stainiess Steel AW.

8. OCDMacGeek macrumors 6502a

OCDMacGeek

I'm curious about the gold sport watch when is the black Milanese loop or link bracelet.

9. funnyboy88 thread starter macrumors regular

10. OCDMacGeek macrumors 6502a

OCDMacGeek

11. CJRhoades macrumors 6502

I too went with a 3rd party black milanese loop. I expect the finish to wear off eventually but right now it looks exactly like the real thing for 1/10th the price.

[​IMG]

I've got a knockoff midnight blue leather loop on the way from ebay too. I hope it's as nice a clone as the milanese loop.

12. jlyork10 macrumors newbie

jlyork10

This is my gold 42mm Apple Watch Sport with the Apple leather loop band in light brown. I went in the store wanting to compare the blue leather loop with the light brown leather loop. There were no light brown bands on display so I had to purchase the band to see it in person. To my surprise, I liked the combo. If I change my mind, I have 14 days to return it for the blue leather loop. It might be a keeper though!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

13. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

14. MaulRx, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016

MaulRx Suspended

I have gold 42mm and the following bands if anyone wants photos of combinations I can post some soon as I can. All OEM.

Light Brown Leather Loop
    Gold\Red Nylon
    Silver Milanese Loop
    White
    Blue
    Black
    Red
    Orange
    Pink
    Light Pink
    Vintage Rose
    Green
    Mint Green
    Turquoise
    Fog
    Stone
    Midnight Blue
    Walnut
    Lavender

15. funnyboy88 thread starter macrumors regular

That is a lot of bands! Which of those are your favorites?

16. MaulRx Suspended

Red sport band and the Milanese loop easily. Wasn't a fan at first but the metal is comfortable. Was missing walnut on that list, had blue listed twice.

17. Hankkk macrumors regular

Wow, very nice collection!! I'd love to see some pics with your Gold Apple Watch Sport, but it's hard to decide which ones I'd like to see most lol. If that's not too much to ask for I'd love to see Mint Green, Turquoise, Fog, Stone and Walnut as well as the Nylon Strap you got.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 12, 2016 ---
    I don't mean to be rude but the middle one really doesn't look good imo. It looks somehow cheap to me and I think the other bands look definitely better on you! Just my opinion of course, I hope you don't take it the wrong way :)

18. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'd just like to see a picture of all the bands!

19. MaulRx Suspended

Here is most of them, need to take more photos of the newer colors. I didn't start out to collect all the colors, not a collector in any sense of the word, just had the opportunity to buy the majority of them sealed for 25 each so figured why not

Attached Files:

20. macdragonfl macrumors 6502

macdragonfl

Both of these bands came from eBay. I'm happy with both as Apple does not make either color. IMG_0256.jpg IMG_0263.jpg

21. jlyork10 macrumors newbie

jlyork10

Attached Files:

22. macdragonfl macrumors 6502

macdragonfl

Looks great, wish you could get gold iPhone with black front.

23. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Good thread. I was debating on getting a new SS, but the gold sport is pretty sweet.

24. MaulRx Suspended

Sorry it took so long. As you can see in the shared album some colors work and some not so much. Over all I'm happy with the gold sport minus the fact that there was blemishes in the finish on all sides of the watch out of the box.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0NGfnH8tyaHuw

25. Hankkk macrumors regular

Thanks! I really love all these pastelle kind of colors with the gold case, like the fog, walnut or stone sports bands. I'm not so sure about the nylon band though, none of the colors really seems to look as great as the rose gold/blue combination.