Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hungx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2012
Davis, CA
I was preparing my iPad Pro 9.7 inch for sale today and noticed a peculiar gold spot on the top right corner of the glass directly behind the camera module. I noticed that the spot seems to be behind the glass and is not chipped on the front. Does anyone know what could have damaged the black coating? I plan to take it into the Apple Store to have it looked at.

Edit: It's the big gold spot above the True Tone display sensor.

Attachments

• IMG_1231.JPG
    IMG_1231.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:

LCPepper

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2013
United Kingdom
That's a bit weird. My iPad Pro isn't kept very clean, though I am careful with it... I have never seen that sort of thing before on any of my iPads (Mini 4, Air, Mini Original).

Do you remember if it was always there, or is it something new?

hungx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2012
Davis, CA
That's a bit weird. My iPad Pro isn't kept very clean, though I am careful with it... I have never seen that sort of thing before on any of my iPads (Mini 4, Air, Mini Original).

Do you remember if it was always there, or is it something new?

I had the iPad 4, iPad mini 2, and then finally the iPad Pro 9.7 inch, and my previous iPads didn't have this issue. I installed a screen protector when I first got it, and it definitely wasn't there before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.