Golf App using cellular without iphone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Trodolak, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Trodolak macrumors newbie

Anyone aware of a golf app where you can use the cellular capability of the Apple Watch 3 without having the iPhone nearby?

2. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Not aware of any third party Apps that are enabled for Cellular access as of yet, keep checking as they should appear sometime.

Dave

3. larmende macrumors member

I am thinking about buying an AW for the 1st time, and golf aps is one that would interest me. But my thinking is that between shots I am always at my bag, and even during shots I am not that far away, apart from when on the green. So I would be happy with something that tethers to the phone.

4. HeathH macrumors regular

I like Hole 19. Use it a lot, has a nice watch app. They update regularly.

5. TScottTX macrumors newbie

TScottTX

I have been using Fun Golf GPS and it works great! It is totally standalone so you can leave your phone at home and download a new course when you get there. Or, take your phone and turn off bluetooth. Front/center/back distances as well as a great vector map of the hole you are playing that allows to to get yardage to any point on the hole. Keep score if you want or it automatically goes to the hole you are playing. I've tried most of the apps for iPhone, Apple Watch and Samsung Gear S3 LTE and this is as good as or better than all. It's not free but you get what you pay for.