Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DSPfisher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Has anyone heard of any good Golf (GPS) yardage Apps that will eventually be available on the :apple:Watch?

spampy22

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2009
Im actually communicating with GolfShot as they have an android wear app already and its my favorite app on my iPhone. Will let you know what they say.

spampy22

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2009
here is their official response :)

Hi Sean,
We will be releasing an update later this month that will support the Apple Watch, and we hope you are as excited as we are! The update will be available when the watch is released later this month.
Thank you for contacting our support team!

–Kyle, Shotzoom Support
Golfshot GPS for iPhone

---

Kingzope

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
Pittsburgh
here is their official response :)

Hi Sean,
We will be releasing an update later this month that will support the Apple Watch, and we hope you are as excited as we are! The update will be available when the watch is released later this month.
Thank you for contacting our support team!

–Kyle, Shotzoom Support
Golfshot GPS for iPhone

---

Really happy to hear this!!! Just in time for Summer too!

scrapple

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2004
i guess you could leave your iphone in your bag or cart now? the watch has to use the iphone's GPS for this correct?

spampy22

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2009
Yes, and being able to have it accessible on your wrist is going to be what makes it so worth it

yellolab

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2015
Coastal NC
This is one of the reasons I used to justify to myself the cost of the Watch.
The only drawback I see if the 30 foot range when it's cart path only. Of course for walkers no issue.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
This is one of the reasons I used to justify to myself the cost of the Watch.
The only drawback I see if the 30 foot range when it's cart path only. Of course for walkers no issue.

for 90% of the people it won't matter if they pick up at 7 iron or an 6 iron..its still going into the woods (myself included) :p

Tim7

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2009
Gravesend, Kent, UK
for 90% of the people it won't matter if they pick up at 7 iron or an 6 iron..its still going into the woods (myself included) :p

Or a driver, 3 wood, hybrid, 5i, 6i, etc!

Seriously this is a very good prospect. Can't wait to try to it out. How do we think it would work with the watch? When you get to your ball you raise the watch and look at the golf app and it will show distance to pin?

Robdmb

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2008
Great app. I presume to get accurate distance you'll have to keep your phone with you since the watch doesn't have a dedicated GPS.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
There is already a golf app for the Pebble watch, I would think that the developer would be hard at work to come up with one for the :apple:Watch. With all the R&D work already done, he'd be a fool not to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.