Gonna do the 8, not the X.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Salty Pirate, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Salty Pirate macrumors 6502

Salty Pirate

can't believe I am saying that!

I am really put off by the notch, the X is thicker and heavier. Heavier=badness.

Currently have a 7. Had the 7plus but it was way too big.

The 8 is the same processor, basically same camera. FaceID probably will not work and be a pain.

I have always been an early adopter, maybe I am turning into a curmudgeon!

Anyone else?

2. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

3. vasim macrumors member

vasim

I was thinking the same but purchasing and iPhone 8 plus. But the price will be near to X

4. Damon2 macrumors regular

Pretty sure FaceID will "work".

But if the 8 suits your needs go for it, not your new phone!

5. KrisLord macrumors 68000

I think the camera differences will be noticeable between the 8 and X. Maybe a bit less so between the 8plus and the X.

6. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

Maybe wait a few and see if it does or not.

7. Droidbricker Suspended

Droidbricker

I was going to try for an X for sure, but I really don’t want a phone I’m going to be frustrated with. The screen brightness, apps not optomized to accommodate the notch, the fugly bezels.
    Also, there’s this. Anyone with a DJI drone can probably relate with this concern.
    F5455A71-5D9B-45AC-B95F-9D86E66A1764.jpeg

Attached Files:

8. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

You're just being rational. Therefore, you don't have to believe that you said because you just said it.

9. spades1412 macrumors 6502

What makes you think it wont work? What makes you think it will be a "pain"? I anticipate it will work just as well as TouchID does.

10. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

Whats funny is that if Apple had a Sept 15 Preorder Date for the X then many people would have jumped in line.

But now that the hype has died down then I think a lot of people are opening their eyes to the fact that annual upgrades dont make sense when the "old" specs of last years phone still exceeds our actual real world needs.

11. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

I'm a little different in that I have a 7+, but I won't upgrade to either.

Honestly, I don't see a point in upgrading to the 8+ when really there are no real benefits and you pay $50 more for half the space.

Why not just hold onto your 7+ until next year when Face ID issues will hopefully be solved (if there are any) and you'd get a real plus sized OLED phone possibly without the notch? Not to mention there should be much more and higher quality AR apps by the time that rolls around.

12. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

Please, I beg you . do NOT change your mind and attempt to get the X pre order night. Swear that you won't. I need less number of people pre ordering as I can get. SWEAR
    --- Post Merged, Sep 20, 2017 ---
    what are you doing... don't change his mind. don't you get it?!

13. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

Well with recent news, no one is getting a X this year unless you are lucky enough to be able to order one in the first few seconds when preorders go live.

14. Salty Pirate thread starter macrumors 6502

Salty Pirate

LOL!

15. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

Why not just not get anything if you got a 7.

16. Salty Pirate thread starter macrumors 6502

Salty Pirate

been reading the iphone 8 reviews and I like the camera upgrades. I like touchID.

I just have a gut feeling the faceid is gonna have problems. In weird conditions, dark, raining, who knows???

Not to mention the X is gonna be nigh impossible to get. I don't need that aggravation in my life.

Keep my 7 or get an 8 after i can go play with it.

My 7 battery is going downhill. Can't make it through the day if I actually use the phone.