gonna jailbreak this 3gs with a hammer

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tony Earl, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Tony Earl macrumors member

ok so ive followed all the steps to create a custom ipsw then when i try restore it is gives me an error..........

has anybody had trouble with jailbreaking like i am?

can somebody tell me what im doing wrong?

thanks

Attached Files:

2. gazzer82 macrumors regular

What versions of the various things are you using, i.e

PC/Mac
    Itunes Version
    Iphone Version (2G, 3G, 3GS)
    Iphone OS Version

How are you creating the custom ipsw? Have you put the phone into DFU, has it been jailbroken previously?

3. Tony Earl thread starter macrumors member

mac
    latest version of itunes
    3gs
    never been jailbroken...

this error comes up when im trying to restore the custom ipsw in itunes. ive just used the normal ipsw to restore and it works. its only my custom ipsw that doesn't restore

??????????????????????????

im using the pwanagetool to create the custom ipsw and after its finished it puts the phone into dfu mode automatically.

4. gazzer82 macrumors regular

Is this a relatively new 3GS, is it possible you have the newest bootrom?

Does your serial number end in 940 or higher?

Put the iPhone in DFU mode then navigate to "About this Mac". From there go to "More Info...", and select USB on the list on the left. Under the USB menu you can select "Apple Mobile Device (DFU Mode)" and that will bring up information about the iPhone. About half way down it will have the iBoot information: It will either be [iBoot-359.3] or [iBoot-359.3.2] (the 359.3.2 is the new currently unjailbreakable one).

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The new bootrom can be jailbroken with Blackra1n RC3 but it is a tethered jailbreak.

6. Tony Earl thread starter macrumors member

oh ****, its the newest bootrom.......
    thanks for pointing it out to me, now what do i do, i mean for fark steaks if we not allowed to jailbreak the phones, givve us the ability to do what we want with the device, i bought the phone, its mine dont tell me wat i can or cant do with it. if i wanna shove it up my ass let me, ITS MY PHONE. sorry about the rant its just that i was so excited about my new 3GS now i feel like going back to the 3G, small things that make jailbreaking a must have, like a battery percentage, "cumon steve jobs, how the **** do you know how low your battery is with your dumb graphic"

thanks or the help guyz!

is blackrain a dev-team product?

7. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

no, its geoshit product.

8. Tony Earl thread starter macrumors member

sorry but did i understand you correctly?

in other words its "****"
    if so then ill just wait, thanks man!!!!

cant i downgrade the bootrom somehow?

9. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

No..

10. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

That's standard with 3GS. Look in settings.

Go to blackrain.com (I think that's it, if not just google for the site)

Download the software, plug in phone, run blackrain, then don't let your phone battery run down (not that hard to do actually) Eventually a nontethered jailbreak will appear.

Now chillax ;) Jailbreaking is unofficial, it doesn't always work flawlessly. Accept this or buy another phone.

11. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

lol, isnt this the point of a JB?

dont worry, i totally agree, i'm sure most people in iphone hacks do too. You know you can JB, you will just have to boot your phone with Blackra1n if it turns off(not ideal i know, just wanted to make sure you knew)

P.S. the battery percentage is a standard feature on the 3GS in settings>general>usage>battery percentage

12. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I had some free time yesterday so I thought I'd restore and re-jailbreak my phone because it was slowing down a little. Anyway, I got error 1604 multiple times using a custom ipsw. Eventually I just restored like normal and used Blackra1n.

The weird thing is I used a custom ipsw a few months ago without any problems.

13. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Believe, you can only use a custom firmware after your iPhone has already been jailbreak because normally it won't allow unsigned official software run/insall. Run Blackra1n to JB, and then, run the custom firmware since it causes less issues than Blackra1n.

14. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Exactly right. Welcome to MacRumors!

15. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

What issues does Blackra1n cause? I've been jailbroken since the day it was released and I've had no problems.

Just curious...

16. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

I've also had no problems with the Blackra1n jailbreak, although MR has got a lot of threads of people who have had problems, but most have had fixes provided

Thats a little harsh isn't it. He is working by himself after all. Yeh It might not have the flashiness of Dev-Team work, but there stuff hasn't always been perfect either.

If you don't like it, make something better and more stable for free or donations

17. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I've used Blackrain multiple times and never had any issues. Until I do, I'm gonna keep using it.