Gonna pull the trigger....BUT...Which wireless H/Phones...!??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by StuartMoore, May 12, 2015.

1. StuartMoore macrumors regular

All,

I had a try on appointment for the watch last week. Really like the Black Stainless Steel, but wanted it without the link bracelet. Not an option!!:mad:

So probably just gonna go for the Stainless Steel one with Sports band and see how I get on...

My question is though, how many of you out there bought this for fitness/running? And what wireless headphones are you using!?

Regards,

Stuart.

2. Lizardo90 macrumors member

I received my powerbeats 2 wireless yesterday. Haven't had a chance to try them out on a run. I will today and ill let you know how they held up. The sound quality is amazing for bluetooth headphones and theyre very comfortable. I got them on ebay for $150 brand new. Here the link to the seller.http://www.ebay.com/itm/301613751852?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=600492871403&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I just noticed he marked up his price too $169.99. Im sure if you shoot him an email he will give you the same price he gave me.

3. Snowkarver macrumors member

Yup, SS WSB - running (sprints, 5k, 10k, haven't tried it on longer distances yet) and cycling road and mountain. I was a bit wary of the latter as I live and ride on the infamous North Shore of mountain biking and any crashes tend to be ... let's say, hard on equipment. But all good so far! I'm a bit disappointed in the running accuracy without the phone gps but it's supposed to improve with time and there are several other threads here about that.

Headphones I swear by Jaybird BluebudsX. IMHO the finest wireless IEMs for athletes.

4. phirstube macrumors regular

phirstube

My Jaybird BluebudsX arrive today. Looking forward to running with them. Often I run with a friend, so I am curious how just one headphone will stay in if I want to be able to talk.

5. StuartMoore thread starter macrumors regular

These are the ones I've been looking at, and read mixed reviews. Might have to go try them out in person if possible....

Thanks for your reply.

----------

Just checked those ones out Snowkarver.

I've got B&W C5 in ear ones at the mo (not bluetooth however), which are kinda similar in style to these Jaybird ones. I find they're not as good as the over ear hook ones for running...

6. Snowkarver macrumors member

What I like about the Bluebuds - when running, you wear them reversed so the cord exits forward, over the ear, and then wraps closely behind the head without dangling over your neck or shoulders. Effectively, the cord itself becomes an ear hook. It's a bit finicky to set up, but once you dial it in, it's SO comfortable and secure.

And wearing it this way, when you want to talk to someone, you just pop the IEM out, and it hangs from the top of your ear until you put it back in.