Gonna take a quick break from Apple

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AirmanPika, Feb 21, 2008.

1. AirmanPika macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

Since its looking less and less likely we'll see a macbook pro update for a while I think I'm gonna take a break and play with an IBM/Lenovo for a change (have had a macbook pro for a year and a half now). This way I can get some tasty penryn action. I run vista on my macbook pro (GASP!) so the platform switch isn't an issue...

Lenovo Thinkpad t61p Core 2 Duo T9300 (penryn) 2.5 GHz, Vista Business x64, 15.4 1920x1200 LCD, NVidia Quadro FX 570M 256MB, 1GB RAM (I have 4 GB here for it), 80 GB HD (I have a 320 GB one at home for it) 802.11n, 9x DVD Burner, bluetooth and MAYBE an at&t wireless card.

$1450 without card, $1550 with after all the discounts

This way I can have me a laptop and wait for Montevina and hope apple slams the same specs above into a 15" Macbook Pro.

Why did I post this? I'm bored and like to share. Please don't hurt me...much.

2. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Enjoy Vista!

... do yourself a favor and run some sort of Linux...

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

seriously hold out for the MBP. you know as soon as you buy a PC laptop Apple will end up releasing the new MBP.

all the major notebook manufacturers have released penryn based notebooks. im predicting that Apple is taking a while as they are basing the new MBP on the MBA style albeit it will be a bit thicker if it has a graphics card and an optical drive.

4. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Don't forget, you can shave a couple hundred off with an e-coupon from dealigg.com. I've been on the verge of buying one since December, but haven't actually gone through with it yet. You can either roll with Vista, or install XP, or go with some flavor of Linux (like Ubuntu). If my Macbook broke down, I'd get a 14" T61 with a 1440x900 screen, no question.

5. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

Well, if there was ever a PC model to go for, It'd definitely be a Thinkpad for me as well. Nothing but good things to say about Thinkpads.

If the day ever came (not that it will) that Mac OS X was available as a standalone OS for every x86 and x64 machine, I think the ultimate computer would be a Thinkpad running OS X.

Have fun with the Thinkpad! For that price you'll certainly get a whole lot of bang for your buck!

6. Crossbone macrumors regular

That OS X for the Personal Computer Maybe...... ;)