Good accessories for XSi?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mr_Brightside_@, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

My buddy just got the XSi for his birthday, and I want to get him something to go along with it, say around $50. Anyone have input on useful, cheapish extras?

2. telf22 macrumors regular

3. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

you could try and find a used niftyfifty.
    or a memory card

4. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

How about a PL filter?

For $50 or under, I suppose a nice polarizing filter would be fun for him. If he got the kit lens with his camera, then he'd need a 58mm circular PL filter. They range in price, but anything close to $50 would be a pretty good one. Here are some examples of what such a filter can do.

If you really want to be generous, you could get him a "nifty fifty" for $89 (price last I looked on Amazon).

5. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

ButtUglyJeff

I just got "Camera Armor" for my XTi, and it was almost $50. They just came out with a version for the XSi............

http://www.cameraarmor.us/

I forgot to mention the Tamrac "Holster Tele-Zoom Pacs" They're smaller triangle shaped bags, just big enough for the Camera and one or two lenses. I love mine, for going to family functions, when I don't want to bring all my stuff.

http://www.tamrac.com/welcome.htm

6. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

I'm actually going to go in with two friends on the fifty, it's one twenty or so here in the North, so we figure it'll work. The kit lens w/ IS seems ok, but I want to give him this so I can test it for my pending 30D ;) Thanks for replies.

7. apearlman macrumors regular

Wireless remote!

Wireless remote. Then your buddy can have a picture of himself with all his friends on his birthday.

Andrew