Good All-In-One Laser Printer?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by NJMetsHero, Apr 12, 2010.

1. NJMetsHero macrumors regular

One of my summer projects I think is going to be getting as much paper out of my room as I can, it's all over the place. There is stuff I'd like to keep obviously, so I was thinking of buying a cheap scanner. But I figured, if I'm going to buy a cheap scanner, might as well go all the way and get an All-In-One Laser Printer. I don't want to spend too much, and I don't need it to print pictures or anything graphically intensive. The farthest I'd go would be some graphs most likely. And I'd like it to be moveable so I can take it to school with me.

Anyone have any suggestions, I can't seem to find the right one.

2. NJMetsHero thread starter macrumors regular

Black and white, I will very rarely need to print using color. If that happens I can do it elsewhere.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I bought a Brother MFC-7840W last fall and have been very happy with it. Scans, prints, and supposedly faxes (but I don't use that) as well.

4. Big Bad D macrumors regular

Just got a Lexmark E260D, which seemed good value and has a good print quality plus does duplex (double sided) printing.

I was about to delete my post, as I realised that the original post and thread was about all-in-one printers, not just single function laser printers. But I see that the thread has now gone onto this subject... so I stand by my recommendation!

5. nanofrog macrumors G4

I have a color version from Brother, and the fax functions work as well.

Supplies are inexpensive compared to some other brands, and that tends to out-cost the printer over time (consumables are where the money is). So be mindful of that as well. Another aspect to consider, is some companies will chip supplies, which expire on you, used up or not (I'm looking at you, HP :mad:). Brother doesn't do this (currently anyway, who knows if that will continue to be the case with any maker that still hasn't done it).

6. uv23 macrumors 6502

Am hijacking this thread to see if anyone can also recommend a good cheap B&W laser printer that does automatic full duplex.

7. nanofrog macrumors G4

DCP-8080DN

8. davidlv macrumors 65816

I recently bought a Canon MF4010 multi-function B&W laser printer with scanner/copier capability, works great and the latest scan gear software is very good, completely integrated with the Mac Finder. This is the cheapest model in the "Satera" series sold in Japan, may have another name in the States (MX Series?). The laser printer is really fast and the scanner works well too. Check it out. :cool:Canon:cool: