Good All-In-One Printer for College Student?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by n0d3, May 5, 2009.

1. n0d3 macrumors regular

Looking for a good AIO (printer, scanner, copier), for college. Any good ones out there? Will be mostly printing documents so I don't need a fancy/expensive one.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I've always liked the HP all-in-one printers.

4. GregE macrumors 6502

I have the Canon Pixma MP610 and really like it. It's older so you would have to look for it's replacement.

5. jamesschmidtke macrumors regular

I have the canon mx310 like it alot and it looks good. a year old now, so you can probably get it cheap

6. Pili macrumors regular

I have the Pixma 610 also. It's pretty good, prints quickly and the software utility is decent. Try to make use of your library/computer labs printers though, its probably much cheaper to print there then buying ink for the printer but it's nice to have your own printer if your running out the door and don't have time to print someplace else.

7. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I just about threw my HP 2700 all-in-one out the window tonight. I've had this printer for almost two years and it has been nothing but trouble.

It drops the wi-fi signal, uninstalls the drivers, etc.

Steer clear of HP.

8. nanofrog macrumors G4

+1. They're also rather expensive for supplies, and HP chips them now. So you could find your cartridges won't function once they hit the expiration, used or not. :mad: It applies to their toner units for lasers as well. :rolleyes:

9. PrincessPeach macrumors regular

I have a Canon Pixma MX300 which was fine until a cartridge broke inside it and now I have to perform surgery on it to get it working with colour printing again. The actual printer/scanner/copier/fax are all great, it's a shame that I broke it.

I think it was actually my own fault for stuffing the cartridge in too strongly.

I have never got along well with HPs. The Deskjet F4280 seems to work ok but lacks features, and some other models have had really awful drivers for the Mac side. I spent hours trying to set a friend's Deskjet 3550 up recently and had to eventually admit defeat - it worked in the most basic interpretation of the word, and the drivers were built in nicely to OSX, but there were persistent setting problems which you couldn't change and it was neutered on features compared to Windows side. Very disappointed.

10. joaoferro99 macrumors member

Epson RX680 or Aertisan 800

11. macgrl macrumors 65816

Can't go wrong with a hp, you will find one to fit your budget:)