Good alternative to VueScan?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by badlydrawnboy, Sep 30, 2010.

1. badlydrawnboy macrumors 65816

I have a Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 and I need more functionality than the Fujitsu software gives me. I have VueScan, which is great, but it crashes all the time and despite uninstalling and reinstalling several times and updating to the current version, I haven't been able to get it to work reliably. Is there anything else out there like VueScan for quick, that can handle multiple page scans?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

TWAIN SANE is a completely different animal, but it is free and it supports your scanner.

3. LifeIsGood macrumors newbie

VueScan bugs and support problems

I suggest any alternative to VueScan. I had problems with copies printing properly and when I went to get help, the owner Ed Hamrick was very rude and unprofessional. After reading some blogs, I found that this is a common practice with this company. Buying software that has a bug is one thing, but very poor customer support is unacceptable...buyer beware.

4. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

OP...have you sent the issue to Hamrick of Vuescan? He is very responsive, although as the poster above says - he can be blunt to the point of rudeness sometimes, but if there's a known issue that's repeatable, he will work to fix it.