good alternatives to twitter app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MisterMister, Jun 7, 2009.

1. MisterMister macrumors newbie

MisterMister

Anyone know of any good alternatives to the twitter app? twitter seems fun, but I have to make an account outside the app before I can use it, so I havent signed up yet. Any good iphone specific alternatives? :D thx

2. mac88 macrumors 6502

Do yourself a major solid, do not sign up for Twitter. EVER. It is so overrated and when mainstream media/news keeps saying twitter this, twitter that it has run it's course.

3. The General macrumors 601

Just go to www.twitter.com and make an account. Twinkle is an application that lets other Twinkle users "tweet" eachother in a very similar way to Twitter, but it's lame and full of douchebags.

Just make an account at www.twitter.com and use a client like Tweetie or Twitterfon or Twitterrific.

I, among many, many others disagree. Twitter is great. I don't see myself stopping or it getting old any time soon.

4. bradenwh macrumors 6502

I love it when people push their pessimistic opinions on others!

5. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I use Twitterrific and it's fine with my minimal use.

6. mac88 macrumors 6502

That's my opinion. It's no different to the breath of wisdom you just enlightened us with. Way to go keyboard tough!

7. Pooshka macrumors 65816

And what's so lovely about it? :rolleyes:

8. The General macrumors 601

I post pictures, thoughts, interesting things I find on the internet, and people who are interested can follow me. I can follow people I am interested in.

Sure, if you follow people who tweet everything they do throughout the day "making a sandwich" "eating a sandwich" "poop is coming out" then obviously it will be annoying, but most people don't do that.

I use Twitter just like I use this forum. Discussing stuff, looking at interesting things people find, pictures, etc.

If you don't like it, then don't use it. There's no reason for you people to crap all over anyone who talks about Twitter. Personally, I don't like Facebook or Myspace, but you don't see me criticizing people who use them and crapping all over threads about Facebook or Myspace.

9. Bforstchen macrumors newbie

I found an application yesterday called "heresay" that was pretty cool. It is like a message board that is tied to GPS, so you can see where everyone is when they post something. Plus, you do not have to sign up at all.

Here is a link I got by Googling:
    http://www.apptism.com/apps/here-say

================
    Answers are a perilous grip on the universe. They can appear sensible yet explain nothing. - The Zensunni Whip

10. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

I use Twitterrific as well... i have just family and close friends from around the country on it and its works great. Im not Twitter nut but for updated whats going on or events and especially for uploading a pic for everyone to see right away its great.

11. english06 macrumors member

12. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

13. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

+1

14. MisterMister thread starter macrumors newbie

MisterMister

gps apps are always fun. I will check it out.

15. Pooshka macrumors 65816

You didn't get the question. Plus, it was not for you in the first place, my dear.

16. The General macrumors 601

My mistake. I still stand by what I said, but direct it toward mac88.

17. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The national media has killed any allure it has. I mean seriously, it's about the same as Facebook and MySpace updates. Yet for some reason every celeb who has an account and does something makes a big story. I work in the friggin' media and can't stand all the stories about it. CNN vs. Ashton Kutcher. Woooooo.

18. iphonehk macrumors member

You can use this app called Twinkle. Sounds damn lame but it combines twitter, facebook and this other program. Works very well and you can set proximity messages (like receiving messages from within 250km of you or everywhere in the world).

Best of all, it's free.

19. mac88 macrumors 6502

Post read. Thanks.

20. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

tweetie ftw, although i hate the landscape lock

21. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I use Tweetie on my iPhone and on my MBP. Works really well.

22. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I do iPhone app reviews for the Florida Times-Union/Jacksonville.com and have done reviews of Tweetie, Twitterfon and Twitterific.

Quick review: Tweetie is the best app for the iPhone by far. Twitterfon is a viable alternative as a free app.

23. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Another vote for tweetie.

Fast, streamlined, and just works. It feels very much like an Apple app.

24. matttye macrumors 601

When I had an iPhone I used twitterfon, that's a really good free app.