Good app to backup a website?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Killer-B, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Killer-B macrumors newbie

Killer-B

I have 3 websites that I wish to backup... most are just a few hundred MB - but have MySQL - and have been hunting around... Looking at SpiderOak and Mozy - but would like something a little less pricey or "free" if possible? Also, I'm a mac n00b - so - a decent GUI would be nice...

My host went belly up over xmas - and lost allot of data... hence the search... can't count on anyone these days :eek:

TIA -

KB

PS: Carbon and SuperDuper are cloners - not backup apps (subtle differences).... and I need something more NAS traditional - to get "changed" files and such....

2. Killer-B thread starter macrumors newbie

Killer-B

*polite bump*

Anyone? I can't be the only one wanting to do remote backups? LOL

I did find aasync - but is just trialware... Did backups fairly well.. but not digging the interface or the final pricetag...

TIA -

KB

3. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

Sorry, do not know why your asking this question. If your using Dreamwaver, etc., your original webpages are on your HD/ If you lose something on your host, just upload your original websites.

4. Project Guru macrumors newbie

Dear Killer-B:

Did you ever find a solution or application to backup your sites? I need to accomplish the exact thing but haven't found anything.

Please share with me any ideas.

Thanks!