Good Apple service story with the lemon

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by grame, Nov 2, 2013.

1. grame macrumors member

My 14 month old Air had the SSD drive dying issue. So they replaced the drive. There was also a problem with the power input not always charging and the wifi connection regularly cutting out necessitating a reboot so I took it back the next week to get it sorted. They took it in again and replaced the power input board and attached a new screen because of the wifi issue. Then while they had it they noticed a problem with the battery and so replaced this as well. 'I guarantee we won't be seeing you again,' said the smiling manager as he handed it back to me. But the wifi issue continued so I very grumpily returned it the next day. After a huddled consultation with a different manager the Genius man came back and told me they would replace it with a brand new model. It took a while but it arrived yesterday. The weird thing was that they my 2012 i5 8GB model was replaced with a 2013 i7 8GB. Although I said nothing at the time I wondered if it was because the clock speeds were the same at 1.7. Needless to say I was very happy - especially when i was also able to buy a new Applecare with the education discount and have three years cover on the new machine. Some stories have a happy ending!

2. mynameis321 macrumors member

I always believe the way they treat you depends on your appearance and their initial first impression of you. If your a well spoken, well dressed fella then their more likely to try help you out because you may appear to be more trustworthy and not trying to get anything out of it.

Obviously not scientific, but yeah just my 2 cents :D

3. Miltz macrumors 6502