Good Apple Store Experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bob122989, Oct 4, 2015.

1. bob122989 macrumors newbie

bob122989

Received my 6s 64GB from AT&T last week. As soon as I powered the device on I immediately knew there was a defect. At first I thought it was a dead or stuck pixel on the setup screen. However when I powered the screen off it was still visible.
    The little sand or dirt was wedged between the display and the touch glass. My heart sank.
    After reading several posts on this forum I finally decided it would be best to return before it was too late.
    I could only go on the weekend and a quick search on the Apple Store app showed the next appointment was Wednesday.
    I risked it and drove the hour to my Apple Store and risked just walking in begging for assistance.
    I was not disappointed. Even though it was busy, they made a quick spot for me and after about 30 minutes I was taken to a genius where they swapped my dirt screen phone for a new one.
    Very pleased with the way Apple handled this situation. They've come a long way since the last time I stepped foot in a store.

2. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

While I'm sure your phone is new because the 6S has just been released, it is best to return the phone for a refund and then buy a new unit. The service units can be hit and miss if they're not new. Glad you got a working phone :)

3. IndoX macrumors regular

Service parts are new for the first few weeks/months following a launch.

4. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

Delete

5. bob122989 thread starter macrumors newbie

bob122989

I asked the genius and he said it was a new one.
    Right now I'm already noticing this new one has a much less bright screen. So mileage will always vary device to device. Glad to not have what looks like a random period on the screen all the time.

6. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

I'm glad they took care of you, but "dirt screen phone" totally made me LOL.