Good AppleCare Experience!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by applefb00, Nov 16, 2007.

1. applefb00 macrumors newbie

So my little sister tripped and dropped my iPhone from the wooden stairs in my house to the tile in my kitchen. It was all a complete mess. I was really pissed, not thinking if she got hurt(lol, which she didn't) but thinking about my iPhone. So I check and everything seems great except the dent on the "Ring/No Ring switch". So I'm happy and decide to check if it works. It seemed like it worked for the most part, until I tried to " Slide to Unlock" and it didn't. Then I find out that only Half the screen works, so that means basically the phone doesn't work, because it is at the bottom and I can't text because the keyboard is on the bottom and I can't use the internet. So I get really angry and decide to call AppleCare, to see if they can do anything. I talk to the nice representative and she says " Sorry for your loss" like if someone died(lol) and then she says that it would have to be sent in for repair. So Im like w/e but i won't have a phone for awhile. Then she explains that I could rent an iPhone and she says it is $29, but knows that it was an accident and she waives that fee. I get the loner iPhone the next day and I ship my broken one that day. The third day after I sent my iPhone, I get something by UPS. It is a brand new iPhone, complete in what I think is a replacement box, which is just like the one it comes in when you first buy it, but only fits the phone. I was really happy and I learned not to trust anyone with a $400 phone. They might trip down the stairs, and damage your phone. :)

Thanks Apple! :apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

So they only charged you 29 bucks and gave you a replacement. WOW

3. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

It's refreshing to hear about good experiences every once and a while. Usually people only write about bad experiences. Thanks for sharing!

4. applefb00 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually they didn't charge me the $29. The representative waived the fee and only charged me $1 for some reason and then credited the dollar back so I ended up paying nothing. And yeah I posted this because I see posts of people saying that AppleCare is really bad and stuff like that. They are actually really nice.