Good apps for syncing and other functions with an Android phone?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mal, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I should be receiving my new Samsung Galaxy S 4G tomorrow (wish it was an iPhone 4S, but alas, I can't switch from T-Mobile and can't justify $649 or more for an unlocked iPhone), and I'm looking for Mac apps that will be useful or necessary for syncing. I've heard DoubleTwist is good, but also some negative reviews, so instead I found a program called TuneSync that claims to sync my music wirelessly, which I thought I'd try. I am still going to use my iPod touch for music and games mostly, so I'm not so worried about that. Are there any other Mac apps that would perform functions I may not be considering?

jW

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Personally I only keep email and contacts in synch.

For email, I use an IMAP account so it's always up to date on all devices. For contacts, I use the "Synchronise with Google" option in the OS X Address Book app.

3. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

I have found google web to be the best with just synching email and contacts.

Didn't know you can link address book to gmail though, will have to do that! :)

I tried double twist and it's not bad but not great either.

As far as media goes, I think unfortunately, the best option seems to be just drag and drop for these things.

4. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

Hey, yeah, I should've mentioned that I've got all my email accounts setup as IMAP and have been using them with Mail.app and my iPod for some time, so I'm not worried about those. I also sync via Google Calendar and Google Address Book, so those should be taken care of, and I'm going to use Google Voice, which takes care of a lot of the setup that I'd be worried about. I'm just kinda curious if there's anything I haven't thought of (and if anyone has used that TuneSync program I mentioned).

jW

5. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

i4k20c

return the galaxy s 4g and buy the galaxy s2.

samsung has it's own software, samsung kies, that allows for transfer of music/vids/pics and even software updates.

6. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

:rolleyes: My Galaxy S was free, the S2 would be $200. No reason I can think of to justify that.

jW