good ariel for eyetv

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by appleimaclover, Nov 18, 2007.

1. appleimaclover macrumors newbie

hey, im about to buy eyetv and have seen that the ariels are bad bla bla bla. basically, i CANNOT use the roof-top ariel as that is plugged into the family TV and i doubt my family would thank me for unplugging that. so can anyone recommend a good ariel that is compatible with either eyetv diversity or hybrid (if youre not sure if it is or not please write anyway and i will look it up), btw i live in the UK

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

3. appleimaclover thread starter macrumors newbie

you mean get something that you plug into the aerial plug thing that lets you plug more than one aerial in?didn't know you could do that with aerials, will see if its possible to do that thanks, keep posting everyone :)

4. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Er, I'm sort of guessing (I'm not familiar with the term aerial). I mean I wouldn't see why you couldn't split a signal and plug more than one device into whatever you're getting the signal from. It's just electrons.

5. appleimaclover thread starter macrumors newbie

i live in england and don't know what term they use in the US but the aerial is the thing on your roof that you plug into your TV and what you plug into the eyetv usb stick to pick up signal if that helps

EDIT: might be called antenna?

6. Gentile macrumors regular

Gentile

It sounds like you may need a coaxial "A-B" switch. This requires you to manually switch from Antenna or cable.

I have one of these and it works good. My only problem is finding a better internal antenna to receive the OTA HD.

7. atarin macrumors regular

I use Philips MANT510 High Performance Amplified Indoor Uhf/Vhf/Fm/HDTV Antenna. It's a table top model, and it works great! It's $33.47 on Amazon.com right now.

8. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Sadly not togood from the UK

However a quick search on amazon comes up with several decentresults...

Have a look