Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poohat1000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
London
I realised i have 40gb of music on my external HD that is not backed up at all and well really should be

what im looking for a is an application/method of telling the computer i want the ''music'' folder to be backed up onto dvds, so it would like copy as much as poss to the first dvd, and simply keep telling me when to insert the next one as it backs up all the data

any easy way to do this rather than dividing it all up myself?

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
poohat1000 said:
I realised i have 40gb of music on my external HD that is not backed up at all and well really should be

what im looking for a is an application/method of telling the computer i want the ''music'' folder to be backed up onto dvds, so it would like copy as much as poss to the first dvd, and simply keep telling me when to insert the next one as it backs up all the data

any easy way to do this rather than dividing it all up myself?

You could try Carbon Copy Cloner! Cause with that you can specify what you want added, and you can make it different image sizes

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Roxio Toast 7 has disc spanning built-in. I love the feature. It can also break up single multi-GB files across DVDs as well as spanning multiple files.

If you are looking for free, try SilverKeeper. It won't burn DVDs but if you are backing up to an external HD, then it's great and automated.

cemorris

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2004
poohat1000 said:
I have toast - any good tutorials around on how to do this?

I beleive only the latest version (7) of toast is able to do this. Is that the version you are using?

road dog

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2004
If you have Toast 7 it's pretty easy...

drag/drop your files into the Mac only format
click red record button
insert blank after blank when prompted

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.