Good Bag/Backpack that'll fit a MBP and Cameras?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Boe11, May 24, 2012.

1. Boe11 macrumors 6502a

Hi there,

I know there are some bags specifically designed for this. I've got a DSLR, a gopro and a few different camera mounts/gadgets, and will be buying a 13" or 15" MacBook Pro when they come out. Are there any bags that would have compartments that support these items effectively? Or will I just need to cram them all in a backpack and hope for the best?

Thanks

2. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

timbuk2 .. makes a messenger bag in 2 sizes .. one for a 13in and one for a 15 .. I've got the larger and like it so far

3. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I've got this bad boy. Traveled around the world once or twice with it with a DSLR and a 17" MBP among tons of other gear. I used to use a Brenthaven bag, but they stopped making the one I used to travel with.

4. Boe11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Great, thanks gentlemen. The one you linked looks perfect, cutter. I'll be ordering one soon!

5. musique macrumors regular

musique

6. chrisgayle885 macrumors newbie

Yes, you are absolutely correct that there are backpacks which are specially designed for the laptop and other electronics storage. Recently, I was searching for the same and I came across an online store which had some great collection of laptop backpacks. I purchased Eagle Creek backpack which can fit 17 inches laptop easily, other compartment to store extra electronics stuff and interior are double padded which protects the stuff from any kind of damage or scratch.

7. monokakata macrumors 68000

monokakata

8. Boe11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Looks like there are some great options out there. I don't do a ton of traveling, but a lot of weekends I'll be heading to different places and would really like to be able to just toss all of my gear into one bag and have it if something comes up.

I'll peruse the suggestions you guys have provided and let you know what I end up ordering!

9. sk8r1230 macrumors 6502

sk8r1230

10. Clix Pix, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012

Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Recently I was in the market for a new bag and went with the Think Tank 35 v.2, which comfortably carries my iPad (or if I chose, my MBA), a Nikon D3200 DSLR body and the 18-55 kit lens, the Sony NEX-7 body and three lenses: 18-200mm, 30mm, 50mm, plus memory cards, batteries and such, and in addition, my wallet, sunglasses, keys and assorted other personal junk. This was the particular configuration I used on a recent trip, but the bag is flexible so that it will adapt to whatever I decide to toss into it for the next trip, whether it be around town or around the country.....

11. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

Lowepro has a few models that will take care of this. Some of their models allow access to your camera without taking the pack completely off. There is so much quality product out there that you will find what you want.

12. intermedial macrumors newbie

Second this. Just picked one up, it's absolutely fantastic how much you can carry in it -- I fit my camera, several lenses and accessories, tripod, either my MBA or MBP, my ipad, sweater, chargers, sketchbooks -- everything -- and it's quite well balanced and solid on the back, even fully loaded. Love it.

13. MBP13 macrumors 6502

MBP13

14. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82