Good bag for MBP 13" & 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JasonR, Jun 12, 2009.

1. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

I bought a new MPB 13" and MBP 17" this week. I'm looking for a good bag that will fit either when I need them to. I rarely will carry them both.

The bag doesn't have to be an actual laptop bag, and I have incase sleeves for both PCs. Something airport friendly and not too big. I like to travel light.

2. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

Backpack or another type of bag? I'm a fan of my STM Evolution

3. JasonR thread starter macrumors 6502a

JasonR

I'll consider both. There's a Diesel bag I really like but it's $150.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I suggest separate bags. Since you travel light do you really want to carry around a bag that fits your 17 and all its stuff when you just have the 13?

5. Apple all life macrumors 6502

6. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Personally I like the look of be.ez leVertigo Silver for MBP 17"...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are other colors if you find the baby blue too... um... suspicious looking.

7. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

8. OrionsTrident macrumors newbie

OrionsTrident

i have the incase book bag it is really nice and the majority of the pockets are lined with fur so none of your stuff gets scratched up. it fits my 15inch UMBP perfectly. i would recommend it to anyone also i can fit multiple spiral notebooks.

9. Matt Phoenix macrumors regular

A few years back, when I was looking for a bag for my iBook, I was considering Timbuk2. It was a bit out of my pricerange (over $100 at the time), but nowadays, there's more of a range and they're a bit cheaper.

I wound up going to www.ebags.com and found a great Jansport laptop bag for $30. I'm still using it over 3 years later and it's still in excellent condition.

*checks email* Also, eBags emailed me a coupon code good for 10% off and free shipping. Sent out yesterday and good for two more days. Code: EMDAD09

Enjoy.

10. Taevt macrumors newbie

I think I'm just going to go buy a neoprene sleeve and a backpack at BBY. The employee discount there would make it cheaper than ordering off of the 'net.

11. JasonR thread starter macrumors 6502a

JasonR

12. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

13. ShadowSpandex macrumors member

Jason, may I ask which Diesel bag you were considering?

I've been using a diesel messenger bag paired with an incase sleeve to haul my macbook and books around campus for a 3 years of travel and rough use. It has held up amazingly. Very durable construction and discreet if you don't want a bag that just screams 'I'm carrying an expensive computer'.