Good Bass samples/refills for Reason

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by floyde, Sep 1, 2008.

1. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

Can you guys recommend some good Bass refills or samples for Reason? I've been using the standard bass sounds for the NN-XT (as well as the synths and the Thor and such) and they all pretty much suck. The "fattest" bass sounds in that library sound like something out of a Pac-man game :eek:. I'm looking for either realistic, fat-sounding basses or some extreme electronic bass such as the one heard on Justice's D.A.N.C.E. or Daft Punk's Aerodynamic. Thanks

P.S. It is also quite possible that I suck at EQ-ing and I just have to work on those existing bass sounds a little bit more. :eek:

2. originalcliche macrumors member

the reason electric bass refill is pretty awsome but those model real basses. For synth bass.. try combinatorhq.com .... Free and have some nice refills.

3. bartelby macrumors Core

bartelby

You could try programming your own in the Subtractor or Thor synths.

4. Chairman Plow macrumors regular

Chairman Plow

QFT. I needed a really deep sub so I opened up one in subtractor, adjusted the resonance and added a low pass filter. End result: Trunk Rattler. :cool:

5. floyde thread starter macrumors 6502a

floyde

Lol, I thought nobody was going to reply :D

I actually got the Electric Bass Refill, it's sounding sweet so far, pretty realistic. I was never that good on subtractor or thor, I mostly use presets with those :p