Good battery for PowerBook G4?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by iModFrenzy, Mar 8, 2015.

1. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

I want to have the max battery life on my powerbook g4 a1046, what would you guys recommend?

I am hoping for at least 8 hours but I can live with 4.5 hours it gives me.

2. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

The best you'll get is 4.5... My brand new iBook battery gets around that...

3. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

Should have said - "dreaming for a least 8 hours" :)

4. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

8 Hours is not happening.

The model is rated at 4.5 hours with the stock battery. Back then I believe they were still rating battery life with WiFi off. I think 3.5 would be reasonable. It all depends on if the replacement battery is good quality or not.

Back in the day, 12" got around 3.5 if I remember correctly. It was rated at 5 hours.

I can't speak to the best battery to buy right now for your model. If anyone can suggest a replacement battery for a 1Ghz TiBook please let me know.

5. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

All I'll say is steer clear of the chinese ones on eBay. Same vendor sent me three, all with similar faults. All had imperfect fit, one to the point that the slightest movement would power off the TiBook. The other two appear to have a faulty cell or two as they power off at around 40% left. Anyway a couple of hours battery is better than the 30 seconds I get on the original so for £15 I quit while I was ahead!

The best bet would be to find one from one of the good third party Mac accessories people like OWC, newertech etc. Unfortunately I can't find anyone in the UK that stocks the TiBook battery any longer. Price to import would be crazy expensive ... if it got through customs.