Good battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by esadb, Jul 26, 2010.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Wondering if this is respectable battery life for my 3G

wifi on (has access all day),
    fetch 1 mail account every 15min.
    talk time was prob ~40min,
    sent quite a few txt msgs along.
    3G is disabled, location services is disabled

Bluetooth was on for the last little bit as i just wanted to drain the baterry completely dead before the night was over. So bluetooth is always OFF.

Also the batt % is there as its a jailbroken 3G, and there is NO SERVICE as that was at the end of a movie in the theatre which had no reception lol and i snapped that just as the movie was over and realized my phone was almost dead :)

[​IMG]

2. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

I suppose that looks about right given the circumstances and that it's a 3G which has pretty lousy battery stats to start with. If you lose service, the radio is cranked up to maximum power and stays there until service returns or the phone dies and it's why I put it in airplane mode when I go to a movie.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Having no service will drain your battery faster than anything. Went to a movie last week, has no service, but didn't realize it cause I wasn't on my phone. My battery was at 92% before the movie, 1 hour and 55 minutes later it was at 57% and burning hot for searching for service then entire time.

Thats an iPhone 4 too.