Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josh Kahane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Suffolk, UK
Hi

I recently posted stating i was 15, and brand new to programming/coding and wanted to start (on OSX of course). Could you please recommend some good books on AppleScript and for later on Objective C for me a beginner to start to learn. Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2005
Hi

I recently posted stating i was 15, and brand new to programming/coding and wanted to start (on OSX of course). Could you please recommend some good books on AppleScript and for later on Objective C for me a beginner to start to learn. Any help much appreciated, thanks.

I think that you should start learning Objective-C from the start and skip Applescript. Objective C will introduce you to modern types of programming concepts.

Anyway, the definite book of Objective C is Steve Kochan's "Programming in Objective C". I started with that. Requires no prior knowledge of programming whatsoever. Start with that, then move on to Cocoa.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.