Good beginner's guide to Dreamweaver CS3? Classroom in a book good?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by NewSc2, Jul 19, 2007.

1. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

My work got Adobe CS3 for basic design (Photoshop, Illustrator), but I've been starting to try out Dreamweaver. I've been wanting more than just the manual, so I started to look for books. I have basic knowledge of html and I used a few basic programs (Netscape Composer) back in college, but I want to delve deeper and learn CSS and all that.

On Amazon, the Dreamweaver CS3 Bible is highly rated but it seems too voluminous for my needs right now. I used the Photoshop Classroom in a Book a while back, and it was really helpful, so I looked at the Dreamweaver Classroom in a Book. It's rated 2 out of 5 stars on Amazon link.

So... does anybody have any experience with this book? Are there any others I should look into?

2. jng macrumors 65816

jng

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/

That's a good starting place.

Computer books are expensive. Go to your local library and you can borrow them for free. :)

I only buy books once I've borrowed them and determined how much I actually use it (often they just sit on a table or shelf) or if it's highly recommended.

With dreamweaver, I prefer learning by doing.

3. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

I hand code everything, all my XHTML, XML, JS and so on. But business being as it is and having to juggle several clients at a time I understood that DW would be a huge benefit to me. So DWCS3 was my first look at it. I bought the Classroom In A Book(CIB) and it's really very helpful. I worked through it in a few days and now can confidently use DW. So yes I'd say if you're already familiar with coding the CIB will be beneficial to you.