Good Bike Mount for iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jacksparrowdaw, Dec 4, 2014.

1. jacksparrowdaw macrumors newbie

I am not a fan of smartwatch so I would rather used a bike mount to check my tracking and navigation, anyone with a suggestion for a good bike mount for iPhone 6? I want something that is durable, heavy duty and can withstand impact.

Is this brand good? Bike Console Bike Mount for iPhone 6

2. azhava macrumors regular

Any time I think of mounting solutions for something like that, I think of RAM Mounts. I've used them on dirt bikes, side-by-sides (UTVs), bicycles, etc. They're sturdy and definitely heavy-duty.

3. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

4. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

5. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

6. koerk macrumors regular

koerk

Check out the quad lock system by annex. Everything you need but comes at a price. It's really sturdy and extendable. Ride my mountain bike with it all the time.

7. jacksparrowdaw thread starter macrumors newbie

I love RAM Mount I used it on my car dashboard but I did not know that they have a product for bike as well

8. Pat too macrumors member

Currently using an Oso CycloMount for my 6 Plus. The red silicone strap is a bit too small for the 6 Plus in a case, so I usually only attach two opposite corners of the strap and find it's still pretty solid in the mount.

9. Mike1212 macrumors newbie

10. ViktorVaughn macrumors member

I posted this one earlier...clearly the most versatile and minimal of all the others mentioned.

No need for complicated mounting, cases, screws, etc. Fits every sized phone, cases or not, with the exact same snugness.

Best of all, whenever you don't want it on your bike (I use mine on my Cross bike/commuter) just yank it off, no tool no fuss.

11. Seekcraftbeer macrumors newbie

+100000

Ive been through a ton of bike mounting solutions....this is by far the best i have used.

http://www.quadlockcase.com/products/iphone-6-bike-mount-kit

12. leinadhok macrumors member

leinadhok

13. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

That's a really kewl mount/case system...but at the end of the day, magnets are magnets and I would rather have something that requires a little more force to lock in/release.

I have to admit though, this is the cleanest, slimmest case/mount system I have ever seen that looks like it would actually work well.

14. leinadhok macrumors member

leinadhok

Have to agree. Looks like it's the Quad Lock Case/mount for now, as I continue to search for more options (if any). Looking to make a purchase some time in January 2015.

Thanks MozMan68 :)

15. Adonnan macrumors newbie

Studio Proper's system looks amazing, but I just can't risk mounting something this expensive to my stem. I have no doubt it'd hold the phone.
    http://vimeo.com/101366333

If you don't need to see gps, grab a wahoo reflect or magellan echo to use as a bike computer.

16. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Great video...it looks as though they have two types though. A regular one and a really strong one.

Edit...sorry...two versions are simply thin and "thick" cases

17. jacksparrowdaw thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the video this one seems good also

18. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

19. brucecottonmout macrumors member

Well, after clicking all the links posted, I would probably say that OP's looks the best. In my opinion

20. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Another vote for quadlock
    Wife and I have it for our hybrid bikes and our street bikes and love it

21. ViktorVaughn macrumors member

So far none of the ones posted are as minimal (most require screws, hardware, random extra cases, etc) versatile (the ability to pop it off, or on as you wish, naked phone or otter box), or affordable as the Handleband.

http://www.niteize.com/page/Handleband-Nite-Ize.asp

22. jacksparrowdaw thread starter macrumors newbie

yes love the quadlock also I have a good experienced with this product

23. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

I had the Quadlock as well before I switched over to Rokform. Rokform keeps the case thickness consistent instead of the "hump" on the back and their bike mount is easily removable so I only have to buy one for use on multiple bikes.

I also love the added magnet feature Rokform has. Both have an incredible secure locking mount feature so I don't think you can go wrong with either.

24. Ronnie Collins macrumors newbie

MLock is a good one if you are looking for a good bike mount for your iPhone 6 they are sturdy

25. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I have the bike mount case the OP shared a link for (the BikeConsole). I just received it from the manufacturer (the iPhone 6 Plus version) and I'm very impressed so far. I'm working on a review and will post it here when I'm done with it.

Thanks!

Kristin