good Bluetooth adapter for an iMac edu?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Veri, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Veri macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

Recently got a refurb iMac Late 2006 CD w/ Tiger from Apple UK store, i.e. the "educational" iMac 17" Core2Duo which has no built-in Bluetooth. Currently using a Belkin BT 1.1 adapter (FBT003v2, Product ID: 0x0084 Vendor ID: 0x050d, came with a BT keyboard) that sometimes isn't found on wakeup from deep sleep. It also causes the occasional kernel panic when plugged in via a hub, if the mention of Bluetooth kexts in the backtrace is to be believed. Mouse also takes a good 10 seconds from wiggle to connection sometimes.

I also sometimes have to remove/reinsert the pcmcia Bluetooth on my old Wallstreet, especially on wake, so I was wondering if that was a general issue with 3rd party BT + OS X, but I'm sure I can find something better...

D-Link DBT-120 appears to be the official 3rd party adapter but is EOL and, according to the datasheet, only bt1.1+usb1.1+class2. Anyone any recommendations for a device that works well for them?

Cheers.

2. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

I use a CSR based dongle ('Dick Smith Electronics' brand in Australia) and works well with OS X and XP.