good bluetooth headphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by CrAkD, Mar 29, 2010.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I have the motorola S9-HD and it was great for awhile but now im growing increasingly more frustrated with them cause it drops the connection all the time now unless im holding the iphone right to the headphones and thats not feasible when im walking/working out. So im in the market for another set but I need something thats going to WORK. smaller is better. I dont want anything too big or anything that looks like regular headphones. I like earbuds or over the ear and behind the neck like s9.

2. army91c macrumors 6502a

I have the Freedom blue tooth headphones by Jaybirds and I like them a lot. I modified the headphones because I like a nice snug in the ear fit with headphones and they just don't really do that on me. Sweat proof which is nice for working out and the charge lasts a long time. Check em out: http://www.jaybirdgear.com/

3. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

Good bluetooth headphones? From all the reviews I've read, that seems like an oxymoron. Though I'm also interested in finding out if anyone has had a good, quality set. I'm thinking about picking up a pair to use with my iPad and iPhone.

4. netjack macrumors member

how did you modify them?

5. Bibble macrumors member

Each technology has it's place.

I have used cabled headphones, and still do in emergencies, but I found that the connector wore out to readily (from putting ipod into and taking out of pocket). The sound quality can be better, too.

I like bluetooth because they are separate units. I can have my ipod in my pocket, and not worry about routing the cable. I'm not a fan of apple's bluetooth stack (give us a volume control dammit!), and that is what is preventing me using my HBH-IS800s on my ipod, but I feel that the freedom makes up for any problems with delays or reception.

6. jackryan57 macrumors regular

I cant say enough good things about the "Rocketfish" blue tooth set I got. I love them so much I bought three pairs - one for everyone in my family. They fit well, are great for running and working out. The sound quality is excellent and it has EQ functions. The price was right too - I think about 50 bucks at best Buy

7. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I like my S9-HD. The ALtec lansing backbeat is pretty good. great for phone calls.

and my buddy really likes his rocketfish set.

APPLE PLEASE UPDATE AVRCP!!!!

8. nycbhh macrumors member

Question for army91c and jackryan57: How do the Jaybird Freedom and Rocketfish headsets do out in open air? Do you lose the signal much?

9. bwfc0907 macrumors regular

10. slothy420 macrumors member

I have the Plantronics (Altec Lansing) Backbeat 903 with my iPhone 4. They cost about $50 and I really like them. I would prefer to keep my phone in my pants pocket, but if I'm outside or in a very large room (like an auditorium), the connection drops every few seconds and it's very annoying; if I keep the phone in my front shirt pocket, the connection is fine. This is not an issue inside my house or walking around the office. I've read about similar problems with the Moto S9's, so my guess is that it's a bluetooth technological issue and not necessarily tied to a particular brand or model. I would be very interested to hear if the Jaybird Freedoms are any different (for $150, I would hope so).

11. coasterider macrumors regular

Sony HBH-is800 are by far the best bluetooth headphones you can get. Work great with the new iPhone!

12. Robby C macrumors regular

Robby C

I've actually heard that those Jaybird ones are pretty good, correct me if I'm wrong though.

13. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

Do you own a pair because I would love to hear some direct feedback about how they sound and fit in the ear. I love the look and simplicity of them.

14. coasterider macrumors regular

Yes I do, they come with different fit ear tips so you can find the ones that fit right. They don't fall out. They have about a 25-30 foot range indoors. They sound great! Very clear stereo sound. Mic works well, doesn't sound like you are on a bt head set. Battery lasts anywhere from 2-3 1/2 hours of nonstop use; not great but what do you expect from something so small? Stand by time is much longer. What else do you want to know?

15. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I have the S9's (non-HD one's), and I am very pleased with the connectivity with the Iphone 4. I do a lot of walking in the city and when I was using these with my Blackberry I experienced a lot of cutting out, but not with the Iphone 4. I wonder if this is an issue with the S9-HD pair....

16. Cakester macrumors regular

I had some S9's previously and was unimpressed with the overall fitment. In ear design is so particular when it comes to listening and a quality fitment, it's hard to have a one size fits all adjustment.

When searching for headphones, I wanted a over the ear application, as I use these when walking, jogging, and mowing the lawn. I've been very happy with the Motorola S305.

Sound quality is decent, price is decent, fit is generic but comfortable and it makes quality phone calls. Pause button works and it will dial the last number you called from your headphones. I do get some trouble when pairing to my iPhone, as I have also paired it with my Mac. It works well in both applications, just difficult to avoid interference when both devices are close-by.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...+Cell+Phone+Accessories-_-Motorola-_-75982253

I dig em.