Good Buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by TWO2SEVEN, Feb 10, 2012.

1. TWO2SEVEN, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Looking at picking up a black MacBook to replace my 1.83 Intel Mac Mini with 2gb of ram. I don't use my computers much as most of my needs are met by the iPad. Also, I have an HP laptop, but I have given it to my parents.

Anyway, I found a BlackBook on Craigslist. The battery is totally dead an it has the notorious palm rest crack. I would really only be using it at my desk, so I don't need to replace the battery right away and I know Apple will repair the crack.

Here are the specs:
    "Core 2 Duo" 2.2GHz Processor, 13" Display Glossy, 2GB Ram, 160GB Hard Drive

The seller wants $300 but told me he is flexible.

This would be my first MacBook and my second Mac. I'm just curious how these are holding up to usage today. I don't need, nor can I afford a new MacBook so this seems like a good fit. I just want to make sure it will be enough of an upgrade over my Mini to make it worthwhile.

Thanks everyone!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. minifridge1138 macrumors 6502a

I don't think that's a bad price.

If you look long enough on Craigslist you can find one cheaper, but you'll find a lot that are more expensive.

I'm not sure i'd delay long on the battery though. Apple won't make them forever.

3. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Thanks!